Announcing a Pretty Good BBQ 2010

I am not planning on bringing my smoker. Any of you Farkers need a helper?
Well I won't kick you out if you should decide you'd like to help me.
It's pretty easy work for a helper in my pit, 'cuz I use WSMs All you have to do is start the fires and the WSMs do the rest. Pretty cool actually.
Looking forward to seeing y'all again.

I went to buy my jalapenos for ABTs today, and they were awful. I'll have to look in Madison next week.

I would love to helper for you. If you remember you were tons of help when I first got started with my WSM. Will you have some room for some ABT's and Moinks if I bring some?

I would love to helper for you. If you remember you were tons of help when I first got started with my WSM. Will you have some room for some ABT's and Moinks if I bring some?

If he doesn't, or if you want them cooked on a real smoker you can put them on mine... (Sorry Clark, couldn't resist.. LOL)

MOINKs and ABTs are for Saturday night, so we should have plenty of space until it's time to start the butts and briskets.

Is it too late to join the cooking?
I am thinking about making the trip but not sure if i will be able to bring a pit.
What do i need to bring....will be hanging out with the stickburners...
jon

....will be hanging out with the stickburners...
Are you an anti-weberite or something? Got a problem with us charcoal burners? :becky:

Look forward to meeting you there. The guys with the stickburners are ok. I guess.

Just a last minute reminder that Dayton Hamvention is going on in Dayton Ohio this weekend.
Traffic will be busy on the freeways so everybody please be carefull attending this event.
It probably draws 50 thousand ham radio operators to this convention.
Here is the link.
http://www.hamvention.org/

what is the address so I can put it in Nav? I will be there sometime Saturday afternoon depending on traffic from good ol Tennessee.

Dayton Vineyard, 1222 N. Main St. Dayton, Ohio 45405

Best to turn NE onto Helena (left if coming from north, right if coming from south), then turn into the parking lot behind the church.

Setup will be slightly different this year. Cooks will all be in the lower lawn area again, but tables and serving will be in the upper lawn area. We'll have carts to take the food across the lot.

I'm picking up the last items this evening, and we're off and running! Weather is looking mild, low humidty and dry!

Along with bbqbull's warning, Dayton is a city of eternal construction. I75 is a mess around the Main Street exit. Please be careful. I don't want anyone hurt or in any sort of an accident coming to this wonderful event!

See you tomorrow brothers!

Great Company, Great Food, and a Great Cause! :clap2:

Will post some pics after some much needed sleep. Be safe on the drive home guys.

I am home, just landed about25 minutes ago, hot shower, and now headed for a nap myself.

Great get together and great to meet new Brethren.

Nite for now!

Made it home in time to find out I had to make a hospital visit...now to this evening meeting. I was a great time, thanks Curt for making it happen - and to the Brethren for their...um...hospitality????

Here are the pictures that turned out.:-D

I'm sorry I couldn't stay till the last dog howled but really would like some pictures of the service line and such.

I just want to thank everyone for your warm welcome and a great time. I have never chanced upon a finer group of guys and am glad I was able to be a part of it. I'll see some of you soon in Marietta and Kettering.

http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac19/Dylans_Dad/PGBBQ 2010/

Eric

Great times with friends, food, and fellowship.

Thanks to the Lang gang for showing how a little Lang smoker can smoke with the big boys!
(10) boston butts... a personal best.

Hope Billy can post his bail... now was that why BBQBull was there ?

Shut up, Chambers!

The great coffee provided by ChineseBob...

Dylan's Dad... thank you for the pics!!!

Clark and Bruce... the brothers in blood and bbq.

Thanks to Curt and the Vineyard for the opportunity and the great weather!!!

Last edited:
What a great Day..... Night...... Day...............It dont get any better. To all it was great seeing you and meeting the new ones. Tired will load pics later.

To Phil again THANK YOU for giving us the way to connect. You started what has become a blessing to me. Meeting FRIENDS who I regard as very GOOD--CLOSE- Brothers.

YOU ALL ROCK

Back