• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My New Shirley is here!

Matt we had a blast.... so so much fun... the cool part for me is that cooker went to an amazing guy and pitmaster.... I still don't get the comment they guy made about our cookers the other day.. saying the straightback model looked like it was made in our backyard out of scrap metal.... I wish I had never commented back to him... we are very far from perfect as is everyone... he was right it was made in my backyard where our new shop is....but not quite out of scrap metal.... in any event ..... I love your cooker and it was a cooking machine... that satisfies me.... to know it worked as planned.... thx for all the nice comments..... can't wait to see all the cool cooks your going to do.... I'm sure I'll see u again next year same time.... same place... and possibllly in New York end of August...... smoke on brother!!!!!

Matt we had a blast.... so so much fun... the cool part for me is that cooker went to an amazing guy and pitmaster.... I still don't get the comment they guy made about our cookers the other day.. saying the straightback model looked like it was made in our backyard out of scrap metal.... I wish I had never commented back to him... we are very far from perfect as is everyone... he was right it was made in my backyard where our new shop is....but not quite out of scrap metal.... in any event ..... I love your cooker and it was a cooking machine... that satisfies me.... to know it worked as planned.... thx for all the nice comments..... can't wait to see all the cool cooks your going to do.... I'm sure I'll see u again next year same time.... same place... and possibllly in New York end of August...... smoke on brother!!!!!

Don't let the haters get you down, Sir! When you're #1, people will come out of the wood work just to take a pot shot, even if they don't have an investment in the topic. To me, the straight back is functional art made of metal.

I Once knew some one who worked at the fanciest hotel in town and people would stay there just to complain. However, when it was time to host someone from out of town, there was nowhere else they'd go. Sometimes, the worst critics who would troll the place online would end up checking back in as repeat customers :(

Thank you everyone. I can't emphasize enough how amazing this smoker is. The fit and finish is awesome. The lines, the welds, the layout, all are really well thought out. They have come a long way from where they started for sure.

Paul, we enjoyed having you guys so much! Hopefully we can all get together again soon. I can't believe someone was making fun of the straight back. I love the design and look of them!

Congrats on the new rig, she's a beaut Clark.

I have had mine since mid-March and couldn't be happier. There are a few changes I am going to have a local fabricator make once this catering season comes to a close:

- Add a backsplash to the SS shelf similar to yours, wish I had thought about that.
- Add a heat shield between the chamber and the spare. The tire doesn't get screaming hot, but it's hot enough to make me think that it will shorten the life of the tire.
- Add some reinforcement under the back edge of the SS shelf so that I can stand on it.
- Add some reinforcement under the expanded metal in front of the prep table so I that it doesn't flex so much when I stand on it. I am sure it is fine as is, but I want to be able to pass this thing down to my grandson so I want it bullet proof.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking on Paul and Tyler, these are just a few things I wish I had thought of during the build process.

Enjoy your new rig and that pig is gorgeous.

You are a master and a gentleman! Anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about! I have never met you but consider you a friend. Your pits and your nature are genuine. Smoke on! Hope you had safe travels and can't wait to see the next build....Matt you are a lucky man with that pit!

Back