(Competitor Series)

N

norwalkbbq

Can someone please tell me what this tag line means :(Competitor Series)::confused: not sure if its bad or good? not getting a clear explanation From KCBS office Why, not sure?

John Vuoso
Norwalk BarBQ Pit

<This is my opinion only!!! Not representing KCBS as a whole nor the board as a whole>

A competitor series is a contest that's not necessarily fully within the KCBS "standard" rules. A great example is the LP Que Series (all gas cookers) and the Pellet vs. Gas Contest, both organized by Jumping Jim in Iowa. The contest uses KCBS Scoring and Judging methods.

PLEASE I WOULD LIKE MORE OPINIONS ON THIS ISSUE !!
THANKS,
John Vuoso
Norwalk BarBQ Pit

read thed minutes from late spring. they go into details

I believe Candy got the idea across in her post

why do you want opinions? you asked a specific question and got the answer

PLEASE I WOULD LIKE MORE OPINIONS ON THIS ISSUE !!
THANKS,
John Vuoso
Norwalk BarBQ Pit

Candy Sue is not really giving you an opinion.
That is a "disclaimer" since she is a BOD member.

The info she posted is a fact.

I personally think it is great to get some variety into the comps.

BTW, Competitor events don't count for TOTY---- if I understand correctly.

TIM

As Candy says, using a fuel source other than wood/charcoal but using KCBS judging rules and standards. Allows the gas passers to show that they can compete with the excuse to drink and lie crowd and produce good Q.

They MAy not count as qualifiers for the Jack Or Royal also ? Not sure but I thought I read that somewhere.

As Candy says, using a fuel source other than wood/charcoal but using KCBS judging rules and standards. Allows the gas passers to show that they can compete with the excuse to drink and lie crowd and produce good Q.

I dont think its just a fuel thing. For instance you could run a pork only contest like the Q-Lossal and get it sanctioned under the Competitor series rules.

Can someone please tell me what this tag line means :(Competitor Series)::confused: not sure if its bad or good? not getting a clear explanation From KCBS office Why, not sure?

John Vuoso
Norwalk BarBQ Pit

The competitor series was designed for out of the norm contests. While on the BOD I tried to get many of the backyard contests sanctioned under the series so the categories could vary as well as the fuel source. And they are not eligible for the Jack or the Royal.

Probably because he wants to know how people feel. Is it not OK to ask more than one question???????????

Thank you for your opinion. I will give KCBS until Monday for there answer , then I will explain to you why I asked for more than one opinion,More to follow.......

John Vuoso
Norwalk BAR B Q Pit

Thank you for your opinion. I will give KCBS until Monday for there answer , then I will explain to you why I asked for more than one opinion,More to follow.......

John Vuoso
Norwalk BAR B Q Pit

If you are looking for an official response from KCBS and they have until Monday, then just tell us now because I doubt you are going to get an official position from KCBS on this forum or any other forum. I don't think that is how they do business.

John Vuoso
Norwalk BAR B Q Pit

Did you try emailing Carolyn at KCBS? I know that Karen in the office was out the last week. She handles contests... So she might be a little backed-up?

If you are looking for an official response from KCBS and they have until Monday, then just tell us now because I doubt you are going to get an official position from KCBS on this forum or any other forum. I don't think that is how they do business.
Yes, I received an answer from KCBS and the problem was corrected .....As an Organizer of an BBq Event in Ct. they (KCBS) tagged our Event in September 2010 as a (Competitor Series) they stated "It basically means the contest does not fit under our four-meat category regulations. For example, one contest is just a ribs competition. That’s pretty much it! Let me know if you have any other questions… "

Our event was a traditional four meat event exactly as we did last year in full compliance with KCBS rules and standards. In fact, the KCBS web site clearly shows the results of our event with scoring and team placement for each of the four meat categories....KCBS Representatives Ken & Kathie Dakai certified the results.the "competitor series" designation appeared after our competition....we are curious as to who would have initiated and authorized this reclassification, and why? We recognize that the KCBS web site is THE place to search for everything that's BBQ so it's important to get it right.
Its fixed thats all that matters ......Thanks for all the opinions and now we understand what the tag (Competitor Series) means NOT GOOD FOR MY COMPETITORS

John Vuoso
Norwalk BAR B Q PIT

WOW, and your running for BOD

not to worry , everthing counted that needed to count

Yes, I received an answer from KCBS and the problem was corrected .....As an Organizer of an BBq Event in Ct. they (KCBS) tagged our Event in September 2010 as a (Competitor Series) they stated "It basically means the contest does not fit under our four-meat category regulations. For example, one contest is just a ribs competition. That’s pretty much it! Let me know if you have any other questions… "

Our event was a traditional four meat event exactly as we did last year in full compliance with KCBS rules and standards. In fact, the KCBS web site clearly shows the results of our event with scoring and team placement for each of the four meat categories....KCBS Representatives Ken & Kathie Dakai certified the results.the "competitor series" designation appeared after our competition....we are curious as to who would have initiated and authorized this reclassification, and why? We recognize that the KCBS web site is THE place to search for everything that's BBQ so it's important to get it right.
Its fixed thats all that matters ......Thanks for all the opinions and now we understand what the tag (Competitor Series) means NOT GOOD FOR MY COMPETITORS

John Vuoso
Norwalk BAR B Q PIT

Thanks to norwalkbbq for fixing that with KCBS. As John no doubt realizes, it's important to maintain Norwalk as a fully sanctioned event. We go only to sanctioned contests.

Like a lot of other events in the northeast, Norwalk has a bunch of other non-sanctioned contests going on during the same weekend, but it's the KCBS event that will bring us back. (Yes, even though we got calls, including a 1st in some of the others.) Norwalk had a jaw dropping 14 categories there last year with the whole hog, 3 people's choice events, Iron Chef, Anything Butt, Sauce, Best Booth, etc. etc.

Thanks to norwalkbbq for fixing that with KCBS. As John no doubt realizes, it's important to maintain Norwalk as a fully sanctioned event. We go only to sanctioned contests.

Like a lot of other events in the northeast, Norwalk has a bunch of other non-sanctioned contests going on during the same weekend, but it's the KCBS event that will bring us back. (Yes, even though we got calls, including a 1st in some of the others.) Norwalk had a jaw dropping 14 categories there last year with the whole hog, 3 people's choice events, Iron Chef, Anything Butt, Sauce, Best Booth, etc. etc.

I would like to thank Karen Walker from KCBS for her handling of this issue in a quick and concise manner. Yes Chris, fully sanctioned event period.Our group would like this event to be the EAST COAST's LARGEST BBQ EVENT........Again thank you all for your opinions and Ms. Walker's quick help.:-D

John Vuoso
Norwalk BAR B Q Pit

Back