thanks for the inspiration

L

love2q

Decided i wanted to make a uds so i went and got my drum. went all will nilly and cut the lid off then decided i wanted a flat lid and didnt want to do all the burning and whire wheeling needed to clean an oil drum so i picked up a food grade drum with lid and band for 25 bucks .. it had pinaple in it... so in the morning i am going to start making mine.. i will take pics but i am giong to skip the mundain stuf like burning it out cleaning and so on.. there are 1000's of pics of that on here....

think i am gonna go with the military theme for mine to pay tribute to all my family members that have served out counrty....

will update later this weekend but now off to watch yukon men..

so you had a nice drum with bare metal and you opted to get a food grade drum with an epoxy liner to save time and trouble?

My first drum had motor oil in it.. How do i make sure its good to go..i can use either one i need a burn barel and one for my smoker i have made stuff out of wood but not alot with metal so i am learning here. Any thing im missing feel free to give advice on

Ok i get it use first drum take lid off new drum...thanks for the slightly sarcastic way of showing me the error of my thinking :)

Do you have a lid to fit the first drum, a Weber 22.5" kettle lid perhaps? If so I'd just clean it out real good and proceed from there. Much easier then removing an epoxy liner.

i have a dome lid but is from some other no name gril i was gonna use it but that is my grillin grill.. so i dont want to beat it up plus i like the look of the flat lids i want to put some chrome stacks on it.. beeing a trucker an all chrome stack are in the blood.. im thinking black, diamond plate, and stacks

i have a dome lid but is from some other no name gril i was gonna use it but that is my grillin grill.. so i dont want to beat it up plus i like the look of the flat lids i want to put some chrome stacks on it.. beeing a trucker an all chrome stack are in the blood.. im thinking black, diamond plate, and stacks

Sounds good to me, but you're going to have to spend some time removing that epoxy liner from the food grade drum. Now get busy:biggrin1:

im gonna use the first drum i started out with i have done 2 burns in it already and ill do another good one after i get all the holes punched and what not... i am gonna take the lid from my food grade drum and put it on my other one.... i read somewhere on here e-z off would get the epoxy out if you spray it on and leave it in the sun for it to get hot

Sounds like you've got it all worked out, good luck with the build and keep us posted.

In the middle of my build got all the hardware on and going to test fit lid.food grade lid acts like its bigger than my oil drum..mabey just cause of the coating...not sure.. Doing my last burn now before i clean it up and paint it trying to burn the crap off the food grade lid as well

I should be painting in the am some time still have a fire going in it now.trying to burn the apoxy off the lid..that stuff is crazy fire proof....will post pics soon

got it all done this weekend.. now i need to do a final clean up and paint.. i ran out of time.. i ended up over at grandma's hous putting her porch swing back out for her now the nice weather is here.. i will do a full build deally when i get done. still waiting on freinds and family to give me names and ranks to go on the memorial space on the smoker....oh and mother in law gave me the 250 gal hog roaster that is at her house no one uses... SCORE that my next build.. well its built.. just needs paint and some improvements..

Back