• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Leaking BBQ Bottles

Vision

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I received some sauce in the mail and one or two bottles have small leaks somewhere through the seal/lid. The box probably got bounced around somewhat. I don't see a crack in the lids. Is the sauce still good or has a barrier been broken and should they be thrown out?

Don't take risk for a few bucks. Throw out!!
John

I received some sauce in the mail and one or two bottles have small leaks somewhere through the seal/lid. The box probably got bounced around somewhat. I don't see a crack in the lids. Is the sauce still good or has a barrier been broken and should they be thrown out?

You should report the damaged shipment to company that you purchased it from.
Most companies will replace your order free of charge and they will make the claim against the shipper.
You should not eat the sauce as it may have been contaminated in transit.
However you should keep the sauce until your claim has been processed just in case the company wants you to return the bottles for inspection.

Its a no go,but I agree with Bob,report it to who you bought it from.........normally they will ship it again,as long as you dident throw out the 1st order of sauce.

I agree. I would call the shipper and let them know what happened. More than likely, they will replace it.

I know when I ordered sauces from Steph at Simply Marvelous, he wrapped them so good in bubble wrap, you could have thrown them off of a building!

You should report the damaged shipment to company that you purchased it from.
Most companies will replace your order free of charge and they will make the claim against the shipper.
You should not eat the sauce as it may have been contaminated in transit.
However you should keep the sauce until your claim has been processed just in case the company wants you to return the bottles for inspection.
This. If you need incentive not to try it, I spent the first week of last Aug. in the hospital with food poisoning. Led to severe dehydration and partial kidney failure. Never found a cause, but it has made such choices as yours easy.

I agree, if there is any leakage, report it and if they do not request you to return the product, THROW IT OUT.

Keep in mind that if shipped by air, the cargo areas are not pressurized and can cause the internal pressure in the bottle to be greater than the outside, this can breach the safety seal.

Back