Felt gasket help

Capnspunky

Reaction score
Hi gang I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a new kamado joe. I found one out of town that I'm buying off of display and getting a discount. Problem is the lower felt gasket seems not to be glued well and is peeling up some. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to glue it down or should I just bu a replacement ?

Maybe one of the Kamado owners can give you the best answer.

If no one responds I would try high temp RTV....

The best adhesive I know of is 3M Super 77. I do not know much about the Kamado Joe but on the Big Green Egg I purchased the original Gasket was not so great. I switched it to the Nomex brand. Removed the old gasket with a razor blade and acetone, cleaned it up very well. Used the 3M and installed the new Nomex, just take your time.

I think ultimately I will switch to the nomex but I would like to limp this one along a few months first. I can't wait to get the heat deflector and try a nice low and slow cook. Of course at this point I just want to get it period.

I thinkmultimatelyni will switch to the nomex but I wouldmlikemtomtry to limp,this one along a few months first. I can't wait to get the heat deflector and try a nice low and slow cook. Of course at. This point I just want to femtit period :).

That was a mouth full...:wacko: Cheers!

I wish I could say that was a result of drinking, but it was just watching my basketball team suck and trying to type. Thanks fit the suggestion of the 3m stuff. ;)

Back