Last nights dinner was a disappointment.

V-wiz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Last night we decided to make use of the meat we had in the freezer and clear it up a bit, get things moving. We had some nice steak from Costco, different cuts, I'm not sure what the cuts were, but they had been few months in the freezer, we also had some New York strips we used. Fried them in the pan then dumped in 2 whole garlic's, one whole red onion, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves & whole pepper corns, sounds bomb right?. Well no it wasn't, the steaks that were a few months old (in freezer) tasted pretty bad, the New York steak that was a few days old were good but the ones we had sitting in the freezer were bad. I was really bummed out cuz i was looking forward to it, i had them in the pan slowly cooking for an hour+. Unfortunately i had 3 other steak strips that had gone bad, they were dry and badly freezer burned, so i had to toss them (the wife packed these 3-4 months ago :tsk:). I think i need a food saver???? :rolleyes:

:doh:

What's up bro? You def need a Foodsaver. Right now is the perfect time to pick one up at costco. They're(the V3880) on speical fror practically nothing ($119). I myself picked one up and I'm loving it.

What's up bro? You def need a Foodsaver. Right now is the perfect time to pick one up at costco. They're(the V3880) on speical fror practically nothing ($119). I myself picked one up and I'm loving it.

Sup Budd, ya ive been holding off till the holidays, Its $119 right now? i thought they were $150?

Edit: ya i just checked it out, that is a good deal, i think ill have to get one.

I honestly don't think it's going to drop below that price even on Black Friday anywhere. Or in your case just wait until Black Fri and if nothing pick it up after since the sale is good til 11/25.

I just got a Foodsaver sale card in the mail yesterday. It has this link:

www.foodsaverdeals.com

and says use code: Holiday2B

I have not checked the site to see what values are available, but the card says save up to 42% and free shipping.

I did buy several rolls a couple of months ago, with a code someone from the Brethren posted and got a great deal.

I just got a Foodsaver sale card in the mail yesterday. It has this link:

www.foodsaverdeals.com

and says use code: Holiday2B

I have not checked the site to see what values are available, but the card says save up to 42% and free shipping.

I did buy several rolls a couple of months ago, with a code someone from the Brethren posted and got a great deal.

The promo code is good for a

FREE GIFT - (FSFSBFEX616-000) - FoodSaver® Expandable Heat Seal Rolls

I know what your problem was. Cooking steaks for 1+ hour in a pan. Who cooks steak that long?

My Mother.... And she makes the BEST steaks on the pan, when using a pan. You haven't had them so its pointless trying to convince you. Trust me its freaking amazing.

Back