Just Tried Adam Perry Lang's Short Ribs...

Fanfarkingtastic lunch! I gotta get some work done, but here's a little something to chew on...

IMG_2199.jpg

Silverfinger and Heisenberger were there too. Great seeing y'all! :clap2:

IMG_2184.jpg

More pron coming!

Man GTR, I've got some serious envy going on here. Looks like a great time and some ridiculous grub.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
so, how long is he open? I might *cough* *cough* be feeling under weather with a fever, and the only prescription is some short ribs......

• Thanks
This is such a cool thread...thanks gtr. I'm happy for all you farkers who can partake and kudos to APL, who I've literally never heard of until this thread, for doing such good community service.

I guess a trip to Daisy Mae's is in order!

• Thanks
so, how long is he open? I might *cough* *cough* be feeling under weather with a fever, and the only prescription is some short ribs......

He's there Tues/Wed./Thurs. until Sept. 5. You really should do whatever it takes to check it out. You will not regret it.

Adam was very gracious and took time out to give us a tour of his operation even though he was clearly busy.

Logs go here.

IMG_2196.jpg

Coals come out here.

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

Into the J&R

IMG_2190.jpg

He knows his pit kicks arse!

IMG_2188.jpg

No deflector - he's cooking directly over pecan coals.

IMG_2187.jpg

Looks like he's into heavy metal. :rockon:

IMG_2185.jpg

I brought some folks from work with me and took some back too. They all went crazy!

I got the pork this time. I had to get back to work so I couldn't wait for the pulled so I went for the sliced. Farking fantastic - period. The slaw was really great - kinda mustardy and there were these great hot pickle slices that came with it. Everything is served on Texas Toast. Sorry - no box pix 'cause I immediately got down to stuffing my face.

I'll say it again - anybody who's in the area should come check this out. It's the kind of place you'd wanna hang out at all day - great setting, folks coming by for awesome food, tunes playing, great smells & Adam is quite the host. Hell yes I'm going back.

I hope this is some sort of lead-in to a restaurant. :hungry:

I hope this is some sort of lead-in to a restaurant. :hungry:

I think your wish might be granted.

I took this from the "meet the team" page on his website.

http://www.aplseriousbarbecue.com/

"Adam resides in Southern California with his family, and will be opening a new barbecue restaurant and butchery concept in Los Angeles in the coming year. Additionally, he has been traveling across the country, learning from some of the most talented bladesmiths, to develop his own knives in a style that celebrates American craftsmanship."

I think your wish might be granted.

I took this from the "meet the team" page on his website.

http://www.aplseriousbarbecue.com/

"Adam resides in Southern California with his family, and will be opening a new barbecue restaurant and butchery concept in Los Angeles in the coming year. Additionally, he has been traveling across the country, learning from some of the most talented bladesmiths, to develop his own knives in a style that celebrates American craftsmanship."

This just keeps getting better! :whoo:

Man that looks great. Is this a specific cut of short ribs? Never seen them that meaty.

I believe there are plate short ribs and there are chuck short ribs. I think the 3 bone racks are chuck and the 4 bone racks are plate? I'm really not sure. I guess I should go back and ask - whatever they are, they are farking delicious. :hungry:

I've been thinking the exact same thing!

Maybe a cut here called navel point?

I think down where you're at the meat is on the bottom of the bones. :loco:

I would love to know how Adam prepares his ribs.
They are the best I've ever had!
My goal this summer has been to learn how to smoke beef ribs.
I have done 3 cooks so far with some decent results.
And I was starting to feel pretty good about it intel today.
I have allot to learn.
I brought a couple of the bones home for the dog next door and I left them in my house for a couple of hours. They have this distinct smell, I just can't figure out what it is.

• Thanks
Great thread and pics Greg & Silverfinger, thanks for sharing! Really nice of APL to give you the tour. :cool: :thumb:

Always wanted to try his beef ribs. Seen Michael simon raving about them at daisy may in New York.

• Thanks
Went back today & got the short rib. Just farking phenomenal. :clap2: I didn't take a picture of it because I basically just started stuffing my face after opening the box again.

Also had a bite of amazing pork - this slice right here. :hungry:

photo-187.jpg

Had to grab it to go today, but still had a little time to shoot the breeze. APL is a really nice guy - which is not surprising 'cause IMO outdoor cooks, from backyarders to prominent cooks, are just good folks across the board. Hoping to have time next week to hang out there for a little bit. Any SoCal Brethren wanna go gimme a holler.

I'll say it again - anybody who's in the area must check this out at least once and it's better to go multiple times. It's over on Sept. 5.

I would go broke if I lived anywhere close to there. I would eat there several times a day every day.....

• Thanks
Back