Comp prices

West River BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm feeling a little sticker shock, mostly because I squeeze a nickle for all it's worth. Yup, kinda cheap. So it got me thinking, what's the most you've ever paid for comp registration?

I believe one of my comps last year was $335 with 30 amp power. The first one I signed up for this year is $310 with 30 amp, $275 with 20 amp.

I think it was $300. There is one this year that wants $350, with 30A power, but only access to a central water source. We will likely pass on that and use the money to enter 3 or 4 steak cookoffs (typically $125-$150 entry fee, steaks included.

Typically around $275. Although we did do one for $350 that included a private porta potty for us.

Are you considering Wyoming events?

Casper is $550 for a two-day event, 20 amp service, Thursday arrival and Monday check-out, Kids Q, free ice and other perks like Calcutta wagering.

Worland (14th year) is $250, Thursday arrival, free ice, Mystery meat & sauce adders, Kids Q, Bluegrass festival, car show, 32 teams max and 16 teams are signed up already.

Campground BBQ series in the New England area are around $320 kcbs + $50/Friday night and $75 for Saturday Surf&Turf contest.

American Royal is north of $1k for us.

I think other than that the most we've paid was $350. Most of ours are in the 175-250 range.

Hands down the Royal, almost $1k. Washington DC was expensive, I dont remember it being that much, but it is a unique contest. Otherwise the most I spent for a one event contest was $450 and that was for a Smoke on the Water contest in Las Vegas at the Orleans. It was a $150,000 contest though..

Alright, I'll stop my whining. I've signed up for two this year that are $200 each with electricity. My third, the closest to my home, was close to $285. $1200 in DC?!!!

Back