The Best Texas BBQ ever made

B

barbefunkoramaque

Attention all Brethren:

Popdaddy and his Personal Chef Pitmaster Donnie "T" have made prior arrangements to continue to cause disarray within the more hardnosed community of brethren. Popdaddy has ordered another brethren to access Barbefunkoramaque's brethren account to cut and paste this thread in an attempt to keep y'all from having "FUNK" withdrawals. Below is the posting... sent in advance and called in by cell phone somewhere in Tuscaloosa where he had a blow out with 8000 lbs in the Truck at 65 MPH. Would have made it to Texas but this put him behind.

BEST TEXAS BRISKET THERE EVER WAS.... DISCUSS

An easy slow cooker barbecued beef recipe. Serve this beef with a potato salad or slaw and toasted buns.
INGREDIENTS:

• 1 Brisket
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 1/2 cups ketchup
  • 1 1/4 cups cola or Dr. Pepper
  • 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
  • 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
  • 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
  • 8 split sandwich buns

PREPARATION:

Boil Brisket for 2 hours. Put roast in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours, until ver tender, or HIGH for about 6 hours). Drain juices off. Remove meat; shred with forks. Discard fat. Put back on crockpot and stir in ketchup, cola, mustard, flavoring, and Tabasco. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Serve on toasted or warmed split buns.

Some say foil increases the onslaught of Alzheimers.

That is obviously a fake Texas recipe for brisket -- buns instead of white bread is a dead give away. Every thing else sounds pretty authentic. :biggrin:

Be careful out there in the big world Donnie. We need you to get there safely.

Shredding with a fork doesn't sound right either.

I can't believe I just responded to a FUNK thread.

Dont we need to use the "Texas Crutch" as well ?? Cover the crock pot with foil ?? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

You can to the entire recipe in the oven on low in 12 hours.

Sorry you had road problems, wish you had left the cold weather behind! It will be back in the 70's Christmas day.

I always thought the Texans was brisket expert one could do a helluva possum using those same methods

I always thought the Texans was brisket expert one could do a helluva possum using those same methods

Agreed...but isn't Possum what they use for "funk" brisket in Texas? :twisted:

I burned a lot of opposum in garbage burning barrels accidentally... I know what it smelled like... Lawd bless them

Thinking back to my childhood here, but i think I've had possum prepared exactly like this.....and I'm betting that it tasted better than what this brisket may taste like.

Ya' lost me as soon as I read the word "boil". Yikes!

Scary part is 90% of America thinks that IS BBQ and Great BBQ!

Right on, bro! Hope I'm not offending the OP, but.... Yecch!

I've eaten a similar convoluted crock-pot concoction just once, at my son's Boy Scout camp-out. The scout leader had a brisket in a Dutch oven under the coals. Smelled and looked great, and I sure was hungry.

I tried to like it, but it had a "wang" that I couldn't tolerate. Finally I asked how the meat was cooked. The secret ingredient? Lots of Dr. Pepper. Fine for drinking, but not as a primary cooking liquid IMO. Bleh! :icon_sick

Back