It's almost time to vote

Jorge

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I've known Jeff Stith for several years now. Early on there was a period of time where we didn't see eye to eye and had some issues. Today he is a friend and as a result he has my vote for several reasons.

One of those reasons is that he handled those issues that we had and we were able to move on and develop a friendship that I value. Because of that experience I know that he is able to move past personal issues and take care of the important business that will come before the BoD.

Another reason is that Jeff has made it clear that he wants the job. He's done more than toss his name into the hat. He's gone out of his way to make his thoughts known on the issues. As a result I have a much better idea of what I'm getting in return for my vote. I appreciate the passion he has for BBQ and have no doubt that he will do his best to serve KCBS, and more importantly the membership, well.

As a candidate he has cooked, judged, and organized a contest that has been well received and appreciated. That sort of balance and experience is valuable, and something that I think KCBS can benefit from.

I'm not giving Jeff my vote, or support. He's earned it. I'd urge you all to take a look at his website to see where he stands on the issues and make up your own minds. http://votejeffkcbs.com

Jeff has my support....Heck, I nominated the guy! :biggrin:

A question I asked on another forum: If I HAD to vote for 4 people....the answer is no. Anyone voting is entitled to vote for UP to four people.

Last edited:
I hope that every member will read the election questionnaire online (in the news section) or in the Bullsheet. I encourage you to e-mail candidates and ask hard questions.

KCBS uses e-voting. If your e-mail has changed, please be certain to advise KCBS. Remember you may ask for a paper ballot as well.

But most of all I encourage all members of KCBS to vote!
Merl Whitebook
Nominations committee.

Thanks for posting...

George, thanks for taking the time to post this.
I would have to agree 100% that Jeff has earned my vote.
He was already a friend; our kids play together, we have cooked together - and while I enjoy busting his chops as often as humanly possible... (an calling him out on occasion) He does take everything in stride, and works through to the next issue.

I feel like he can take our input and his ideas and put them to work. I may not agree with him on all topics, but I do feel he has our best interests in mind, and will work tirelessly to that end.

<start dig here> Now if he would just publicly admit that his cooker is TEAL (NTTAWWT) and not "forest green", I might actually respect him too.<end Dig> We all know it is, based on the pole results ...:twisted:

Vote Jeff Stith, for KCBS BoD!!!

Hmmm, I am still undecided... :mrgreen:

Seriously I am voting for Jeff as well. Heck I bought him lunch the day after Thanksgiving, I would not have done that if I didn't think he would be the right person for my vote.

I don't know Jeff but respect the opinion of several who have stated they are supporting him. My desire is to elect board members who will challenge the status quo and not simply vote yes. Is this Jeff?

I don't know Jeff, but he has one of my votes. I commend him for taking the time and energy to develop his web site and clearly stating his positions. I agree with most of them. If there can only be one new person on the board this year, I hope Jeff gets that seat.

VOTE FOR JEFF!! :wink: :eusa_clap.............You will be glad you did for what he can do for us as cooks! :wink:

I hope that every member will read the election questionnaire online (in the news section) or in the Bullsheet. I encourage you to e-mail candidates and ask hard questions.

KCBS uses e-voting. If your e-mail has changed, please be certain to advise KCBS. Remember you may ask for a paper ballot as well.

But most of all I encourage all members of KCBS to vote!
Merl Whitebook
Nominations committee.
When do the email ballots go out?

Back