Humble's Cedar Plank Pesto Salmon w/pr0n

Humble Soul

Full Fledged Farker
This is my first time attempting salmon on a cedar plank. I've always made salmon in the oven, but heck it's summer! (Well it's always summer in Hawai'i).

Anyhow my new diet calls for mostly fish and veggies, and I haven't had much time to go fishing or diving for my family lately, so I picked up a nice fresh salmon filet from Costco

ra7q0k.jpg

Seasoned with sea salt and pepper, than some EVOO

15oflfm.jpg

Soaked the plank for ~5 hours

f1i0r9.jpg

Lit a little less than half chimney with KBB, spread single layer on coal grate, salmon on

vhsrye.jpg

After about 20 minutes, slather with pesto, than cook for another 5 min

2iqo6cz.jpg

Plated

2vtr4fs.jpg

28cmt5u.jpg

It was delicious. Love the subtle smoke from the cedar, plank keeps it moist and not dried out. Oh, also had a glass of red wine instead of beer. It's part of the diet!

Mahalo for looking and Aloha to you all!

-kalani

Wow that looks so good!! I've not tasted salmon with pesto, looks delicious!! Thank for the idea and thanks for posting. I'll give it a try!

A side note... I saw some octopus at the grocery store today. Though of you and the dish you posted awhile back. When I get brave enough to try it, I will be bugging you for advice. :mrgreen:

Wow that looks so good!! I've not tasted salmon with pesto, looks delicious!! Thank for the idea and thanks for posting. I'll give it a try!

A side note... I saw some octopus at the grocery store today. Though of you and the dish you posted awhile back. When I get brave enough to try it, I will be bugging you for advice. :mrgreen:

Thanks Jeanie, means a lot coming from ya :) And I'd also be happy to help with the octo!

Back