Humble's Cedar Plank Pesto Salmon w/pr0n

Humble Soul

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
This is my first time attempting salmon on a cedar plank. I've always made salmon in the oven, but heck it's summer! (Well it's always summer in Hawai'i).

Anyhow my new diet calls for mostly fish and veggies, and I haven't had much time to go fishing or diving for my family lately, so I picked up a nice fresh salmon filet from Costco

ra7q0k.jpg

Seasoned with sea salt and pepper, than some EVOO

15oflfm.jpg

Soaked the plank for ~5 hours

f1i0r9.jpg

Lit a little less than half chimney with KBB, spread single layer on coal grate, salmon on

vhsrye.jpg

After about 20 minutes, slather with pesto, than cook for another 5 min

2iqo6cz.jpg

Plated

2vtr4fs.jpg

28cmt5u.jpg

It was delicious. Love the subtle smoke from the cedar, plank keeps it moist and not dried out. Oh, also had a glass of red wine instead of beer. It's part of the diet!

Mahalo for looking and Aloha to you all!

-kalani

looks great, Love fish on cedar planks. i've never soaked my plank of that long, not that it really matters.

Wow that looks so good!! I've not tasted salmon with pesto, looks delicious!! Thank for the idea and thanks for posting. I'll give it a try!

A side note... I saw some octopus at the grocery store today. Though of you and the dish you posted awhile back. When I get brave enough to try it, I will be bugging you for advice. :mrgreen:

looks great, Love fish on cedar planks. i've never soaked my plank of that long, not that it really matters.

I wasn't entirely sure how long it was supposed to soak, so to be safe I left it in there until dinner time. Better safe than sorry!

Wow that looks so good!! I've not tasted salmon with pesto, looks delicious!! Thank for the idea and thanks for posting. I'll give it a try!

A side note... I saw some octopus at the grocery store today. Though of you and the dish you posted awhile back. When I get brave enough to try it, I will be bugging you for advice. :mrgreen:

Thanks Jeanie, means a lot coming from ya :) And I'd also be happy to help with the octo!

Back