Pit brand question...

Digi

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Now that I have my intro out of the way... a friend's Dad is lookin to sell me his pit, and we are trying to determine a decent price. We do not know the brand or model, and at them moment do not have any pics. He is able to tell me that it has a Texas shaped logo on it that is tan with black writing, and from what my friend can remember is similar to this one:

AA20X60-closed.jpg

Any ideas on what it might be???

I thought it may be a New Braunfel's, but I can't find any models that had a square fire box.

if it is a smokemaster like westexbbq suggests....you are looking at a quality rig.

i bought one 12 years ago and have had no regrets

yeah that is what my friend is tellin me, that it's about 12 yrs old. trying to get more info... will let you know what i come up with. he's pretty sure that is it, but for some reason doesn't remember the logo taking up that much real estate on the grill... oh well, i'll just wait... do they have a website? i can't seem to find one for them...

Digi,
Smokemaster went out of business last I heard.
Check out Klose in Houston and maybe Tejas pits.
I believe you can find them both on the web.
Good luck.

I'd wait to determine a price until you see pics of it's condition and measurements of the cooking space.

Based on the above - I'd be thinking in the $300-$500 area, especially being 12 yrs old.

Good luck !!

New Braunfels smokers have a logo which includes the state of Texas. Here's a good clue: look at the thickness
of the metal on the firebox and the smokebox (i.e. cooking chamber). If they're both like 16 gauge (~1/16" thick)
or thinner, then the smoker is a COS (cheap offset smoker). If they're thicker, then it's probably worth owning.
Note that you can get good Q off a COS.

Is the smokebox horizontal or vertical?

A picture would really help ..

seattlepitboss

digi ;}-

Is it one of these emblems:?:

newshots035.jpg

newshots028.jpg

Both are great smokers- The NB RedRiver is about 12y/o, and the Tejas has been making good smokers a long time:!:
Hope this helps-Smoke Happy:icon_cool

Is it one of these emblems:?:

newshots035.jpg

newshots028.jpg

Both are great smokers- The NB RedRiver is about 12y/o, and the Tejas has been making good smokers a long time:!:
Hope this helps-Smoke Happy:icon_cool

dont know just yet. gonna go take a look at it some time this week. i will let u guys know which one it is. he thinks its the texas smokehouse one, but we'll see...

My Tejas looks very much like that first photo that you posted,
Nice Smoker, just wish it was a bit larger.

Weiser

Back