UDS Storage Question

cgaskell65

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Questions from a UDS rookie: After capping the air intakes and exhaust and snuffing out the fire, what is the standard for storing the UDS? After the fire is out should you remove the exhaust cap to let it air out or just store it air tight?

I built my UDS a couple of years ago and I leave it shut up. That my 2 cents.
Glad to know u built a UDS as they are great smokers.

I close up everything until the next cook or (on rare occasions) I decide to clean it out. Only issue I have had is the Weber lid and exhaust wheel can become "frozen" shut from the grease, especially during colder winter months.

I close up everything until the next cook or (on rare occasions) I decide to clean it out. Only issue I have had is the Weber lid and exhaust wheel can become "frozen" shut from the grease, especially during colder winter months.

Me too, I hit mine with my hand held propane torch around the ring, it comes right off (And smells good while heating it):clap2:

I close mine up and cover it with an industrial size garbage bag. Otherwise, rain or snow melt will leak in around the stack and ruin the left over fuel. I use a flat lid and the stack is held in place with lock nuts.

Back