BBQ Brethren "Fruit" Throwdown

Saw plenty of recipes for cherries jubilee, but none for chocolate cherries jubilee. I cooked some cherries, with a little wine and a little sugar and a little corn starch and a little butter.

IMG_0220-1.jpg

Then I poured this on top of some French vanilla ice cream, added some chunks of chocolate and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.

IMG_0236-1.jpg

Then I added some cherry brandy to the top (Chris, use this pic)

IMG_0237-1.jpg

and watched it all get melty and gooey

IMG_0240-1.jpg

DUDE! That is out of this world good! That looks so freaking awesome! I'd order that off a menu. What did the flames taste like though? Spicy?

Dang it Bo, there are a maximum of two people on this forum who are going to vote for ice cream and you just snatched them away! That looks really good.

DUDE! That is out of this world good! That looks so freaking awesome! I'd order that off a menu. What did the flames taste like though? Spicy?

Master did not use persuasive powers to convince volunteers to taste flames. Instead we waited until flames died down before sampling. Ice cream tasted very strongly of cherry brandy, so it was very good that children were sleeping. Glad I did not have to drive home afterward. :cop:

Yeah, then you'll put them on ice cream and light them on fire I bet. :doh:

[probably even use avocado brandy too, dang].

Don't worry its no throwdown entry this avocado is for an avocado burger :becky:

Hmm maybe an avocado salad garnished with a burger patty, bacon, cheese and toasted bun.

Don't worry its no throwdown entry this avocado is for an avocado burger :becky:

Hmm maybe an avocado salad garnished with a burger patty, bacon, cheese and toasted bun.

Now that sounds yummy -- big patty and lots of bacon and NO ice cream, it hurts my teeths (but let me know if you can find some avocado brandy)

:idea:I propose a new rule for the throwdowns. It should be a DQ event to post cute kids picking berries in order to garner the "aww factor". It should be double DQ:idea: (current and next throwdown) if that person has won more than, oh, let's say:boxing: 4 throwdowns that same year.

OK, OK, I'm not entirely serious.:crazy::tape::roll:

:idea:I propose a new rule for the throwdowns. It should be a DQ event to post cute kids picking berries in order to garner the "aww factor". It should be double DQ:idea: (current and next throwdown) if that person has won more than, oh, let's say:boxing: 4 throwdowns that same year.

OK, OK, I'm not entirely serious.:crazy::tape::roll:

Would that mean that Penny & Bingo can't make comments?:confused:

Only Alan would post that. Maybe I can get him to do a real entry.

Yeah, you'd better get him to submit something, preferably with pictures of cute kids and fruit juice running down their chins. If anyone can make him submit, I'm sure you can. :wink:

I will probably vote for Gore's, no matter what he says about me stealing votes...

It's ice cream Bo, ... there's only two votes you could steal! And Bo, if you don't have any kids, you can always borrow some from your neighbors :thumb: Dogs also work quite well ... and I believe lobsters. :icon_blush:

Would that mean that Penny & Bingo can't make comments?:confused:

Personally, I can't wait to see what Penny and Bingo post. They've got to do better than Ninja Squirrel.

Personally, I can't wait to see what Penny and Bingo post. They've got to do better than Ninja Squirrel.

They don't like to cook, only eat. But they will follow anyone with a plate of "Q":laugh::laugh:

WOW!!! Just WOW!!! Everything and I mean EVERYTHING so far is a home run!

WOW! Some awesome entries so far, but I'm thinkin' I might be able to get a mark in the win colum if I make a flaming cherries jubilee tart on cherry brandy ice cream scooped into bowls of grilled peaches and a grilled avacado whip cream to top it off. :crazy::becky:

WOW! Some awesome entries so far, but I'm thinkin' I might be able to get a mark in the win colum if I make a flaming cherries jubilee tart on cherry brandy ice cream scooped into bowls of grilled peaches and a grilled avacado whip cream to top it off. :crazy::becky:

I'm not sure if I want to try that or keep a barf bag handy...

Grilled avocado whipped cream? You can't just say grilled avocado whipped cream. I want pics ... actually, I just want it.

Back