Anyone add a warming box to their lang, after purchase

Mahoney86

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Thinking about adding a warmer to the back of my lang 84. I have a few friends with metal shops and we can fab one up hopefully pretty easy. My Lang is the older propane tank model, so I just have to deal with the large rounded ends... If you added one post up a picture! Thanks

There's two types of people in the world.....the ones what really like the warmer boxes on their Lang and the ones what don't care about having the warmer box. If you was to add it to your's...being that you have been thinking about it...I'd say there's a good posibility that you'd really like having it there. I have some Langs with and some without....more with, and I really like having the warmer box there, but that's just me.

Mine all came from the shop with the boxes already on. It shouldn't be any problem for you to add one even with the rounded end.

Last edited:
Originally I didn't think I would have the need for a warmer box but lately ive realized it would be kind of nice, not necessarily for cooking anything in or extra cooking area but to just keep food warm while it rests etc... Lately ive been cooking all day with meals for breakfast, lunch , dinner and sometimes at different temps things finish different and I can only hold so many pans in my oven. So it would really be more of a convenience thing

Thinking about adding a warmer to the back of my lang 84. I have a few friends with metal shops and we can fab one up hopefully pretty easy. My Lang is the older propane tank model, so I just have to deal with the large rounded ends... If you added one post up a picture! Thanks
Here is a warmer box that I'm having built on to my pit, in fact the pit that you see in this video is almost exactly what I'm having built but this warmer/oven can go on any pipe smoker or offset vertical. Just as long as it has an offset firebox this will work and it is the most functional design that I've seen for a warmer! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGhSn4UkQ_k"]lone star grillz warmer box 2 - YouTube[/ame] To get the full benefit from it you would want to cut the top off of your firebox and maybe even install a slide out for a grill top but I don't see why it couldn't be done. I think that the design of this warmer beats the daylights out of the one that Lang makes!:wink:

Back