Desert Boxes?

Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anbody car to share some desert turn in boxes they have done?

I know a lot of teams have had great success from Sam's Club frozen section... Fortunately, I do not do the dessert category...:roll:

What do these have in them - sand? And you use cactus for garnish, or what? :twisted:

Most dessert ancillaries around here have open plating and garnish. As a result you see very few blind boxes because they just can't compete with all the fancy crystal and silver platters when it comes to appearance, and appearance is a BIG factor in dessert scoring in my experience.

For New Holland? I'm doing leftover brisket dipped in chocolate on a bed of dry pulled pork.

For New Holland? I'm doing leftover brisket dipped in chocolate on a bed of dry pulled pork.

Heh!

I once threatened to spill an 85 cent bag of peanut M&Ms into a box for dessert at a contest. My teammates rallied and put together a delicious apple dumpling in less than an hour that tasted and looked great, but couldn't stand up to the cheesecakes.

I always wondered how those M&Ms would have scored though. :-D

Our entry for dessert at the Jack last year. Gentlemen Jack milk shakes with molten chocolate cake

1910436937_defa9da220.jpg

How about adding snakes or lizards, garnished with prickley pear?

Our entry for dessert at the Jack last year. Gentlemen Jack milk shakes with molten chocolate cake

1910436937_defa9da220.jpg

Man oh man...that looks awesome!!!!

Scottie said:
I know a lot of teams have had great success from Sam's Club frozen section... Fortunately, I do not do the dessert category...:roll:

HeHeHe...that's funny!!:lol:

Here's one I turned in at Shannon......(not quite finished yet) Thought it was pretty good..judges.......not so much, 7th out of 18.

img0372su1.jpg

Has anyone ever turn them in still wrapped in foil. Thinking of doing one and it is wraped in foil to cook.

I was given long-lasting inadequacy issues at Clovis last year, where I saw the prettiest desserts EVerrrr. The scores reflected that, as the first and second place entries both scored 180s. I wish I could remember who did what, so I could credit them properly:

abwinner.jpg

ab2.jpg

This was my first dessert entry, miniature pumpkin caramel cheesecakes which came in 4th.

abpcs.jpg

My niece makes all of our dessert turn ins from scratch. We do it as a thank you to the Judges. I will get a pick of her turn in this weekend at Madison. Banana theme!

I was given long-lasting inadequacy issues at Clovis last year, where I saw the prettiest desserts EVerrrr. The scores reflected that, as the first and second place entries both scored 180s. I wish I could remember who did what, so I could credit them properly:

abwinner.jpg

ab2.jpg

This was my first dessert entry, miniature pumpkin caramel cheesecakes which came in 4th.

abpcs.jpg

I'm not sure who did the top one, but the lemon squares are the infamous All Hogs Go To Heaven lemon squares.

Never had a chance to enter with a turn in box, but this is a dessert we did at Yardley.

Last edited:
Thats desert looks rediculous OC...

I hope you guys took first with that... I doubt it because it is way to good looking for bbq. lol :lol::lol:

Back