• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How do you Craig list?

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Ok, I'm sick to death of seeing all the great things you all find on CL.
I never see anything worth buying and decided it must be because I don't know how to search properly. So how about some tips. What words do you use to search with? Do you put comas between words to cover more search area?
Help a dude out willya?
ModelMaker

I go to my local Craig's List and click on the "For Sale" heading and then in the "search" box I type in "grill", or "weber", or "smoker" or....

I use this...

http://www.crazedlist.org

I have a bookmark for:

Big Green Egg
Smoker
Weber
Kamado
BBQ

Each bookmark searches

Gainesville
Ocala
Tallahassee
Pensacola
Tampa
Orlando
Space Coast area
Daytona Beach
Jacksonville

Every morning I open each bookmark and look at the last day's stuff. I'm sure there are other ways but this works for me.

I simply search for BBQ, Barbecue, Barbeque, Weber, and Big Green Egg on seperate searches. I've never tried using them all, seperating with commas. I'll hit the KC Craigslist about once or twice a week while I'm sitting at my desk eating lunch.

barbeque
barbecue
bbq
bbq smoker
smoker
grill
weber
stainless steel - I keep searching for a table or shallow sink that's priced right
general search of tools catagory for garage toys

So far I've scored:
6x12 cargo trailer - nearly new
VW Jetta - drive it everyday
OK Joes smoker - flipped for nice profit
OK Joes grill - resold after I got the Weber
Weber Platnum Grill - sweet
EZ up - brand new
whole hog
Tonneu cover for pick up - good as new
kitchen table - bar height, extra counter space
dates - just kidding

I just come here and look at what KC_Bobby bought before I even knew it was for sale.

Now I'm hungry ... of it could be that I keep smelling Fab C on my hands from injecting thighs earlier.

It could be cuz your lookin in IA :biggrin:

Try a diff spellings too, some people spell Weber ...Webber

It could be cuz your lookin in IA :biggrin:

Try MN, the barbecue wasteland.

I checked out crazedlist. Wow! Another toy to play with while tending the pit.

Made a folder of bookmarks Just like Smokin Gator suggested. Here's mine:
BBQ
Barbecue
Barbeque
Smoker
Grill
Big Green Egg
Weber
Stainless steel
John Deere

Between that, youtube and here I'll probably forget to put the wood in. Wood in the fire box, you preverts.

Thanks for another great tip folks.

That's what I waz lookin for.
Thanks .
ModelMaker

"It could be cuz your lookin in IA :biggrin:"

I'm guessing this is the biggst problem...

Now I know how Norco does it. The secret is out!!
Nope. Norco actually has a seasoned group of delinquent juveniles that jack the stuff for him.....At least thats what it seems like. Any way its still stealing!!!!:biggrin:

I used yahoo pipes (pipes.yahoo.com) to set up a CL search, with the results posted to my yahoo home page. Kind of a hassle to setup, but foolproof once it's working.

Seattle Craigslist covers a large area and its divided up and you can search the region. I'm cheap and lazy! I don't want to spend a lot of cash and waste a lot of gas to get it! I've always been a junque store shopper, yard sale junkie and Little Nickel Want Ad peruser. It never fails me, that if I'm seriously looking for something on CL I'll never find it! To me its like treasure hunting without a metal detector. Some of the nicest scores have been things w/o pics or stuff spelled incorrectly! Anyway the spelling can be butchered is what you want to try. Another thing I got going is working nights, I can troll the board and be the early bird that gets the worm.

Can't win what you ain't got-can't lose what you never had!
Muddy Waters

Seattle Craigslist covers a large area and its divided up and you can search the region. I'm cheap and lazy! I don't want to spend a lot of cash and waste a lot of gas to get it! I've always been a junque store shopper, yard sale junkie and Little Nickel Want Ad peruser. It never fails me, that if I'm seriously looking for something on CL I'll never find it! To me its like treasure hunting without a metal detector. Some of the nicest scores have been things w/o pics or stuff spelled incorrectly! Anyway the spelling can be butchered is what you want to try. Another thing I got going is working nights, I can troll the board and be the early bird that gets the worm.

Can't win what you ain't got-can't lose what you never had!
Muddy Waters

Well said.

Back