Squeeze Bottles

Transformer BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone have a good source for squeeze bottles that will stand up to hot liquids. I have several I use in my house... but if I microwave, or pour in somthing hot... the bottles gets flimsy... and its so farking hot it defeats the purpose... thanks-B

I think you're going to have to lower the temperature of the liquids, or your expectations. Local restaurant supply houses have nice bottles, but in my experience, they all soften with heat.

Maybe pour in the warm liquid, and then hold the bottles in a hot water bath to maintain heat?

If its real hot, you might have to look at a glass bottle that you can pour out of, but it will still be hot to touch.

Try a nice heavy and cheap sports bottle. If it's too warm to hang on to then put it into a cozy.

500ml-Sports-Bottle-9919.jpg

cozy.jpg

Then again a good quality baby bottle should work too. What do you need it for?

Then again a good quality baby bottle should work too. What do you need it for?

The sports bottle I think solves my issues, thanks, never would have thought of that. I'm using it for chocolate sauce...

Be careful with the sports bottles. It seems I read/heard something not long ago about the leeching of undesirable chemicals from certain heated plastics. I stand by my previous recommendation. A hot water bath will keep foodservice squeeze bottles of chocolate, warm and flowing...at least that's how we maintained caramel and chocolate sauces, in the dessert station. Raspberry and creme anglaise went in an ice bath. Good luck.

The baby bottle wont have any dangerous chemicals in it. I also doubt the sports bottle will either.

You would be very surprised at what general non food based vinyl and plastic compounds are made of. Polymers, lead, calcium zinc, calcium carbonate,acid,thermal stabilizers, oil,Low Tension Polymer Flood (LTPF), ect.

Back