Brisket and more. PRON

Maybe it's just me since I haven't done many Briskets. I got home and my digital alarm was beeping at 190. I pulled it and wrapped it and put in the cooler. When I got back up 4 and half hours later. It was still hot. so I slice some, pulled some, plated it and delivered to him hot. He was happy and promised to let me know. My boy at 6 this morning was eating the burnt ends like crazy.

Apparently I did something right here. Run into one of the guys from the supply house. His kids go to the same school as mine. It was open house, meet the teachers etc. . Any way he said he was able to get a taste and as soon as I could wanted one of his own. I haven't done many but that made me feel like I'm on the right track with them. 2 ordered so far.

Got to talk to the man that counts today. While in the supply house he walked over and sat down at the counter. First he apologized for not getting to talked to me sooner. Then he said, I told you I would be honest. I replied, Of course. I am from North Texas and there is a place there I always get my Brisket. I don't claim to be an expert on brisket he says. But I have eaten a lot of brisket. I've even tried to fix it my self and never liked it. Aside from home I haven't had better. It was darn good and thats as honest as I can be. A lot of the guys want to order one now. I am preparing a order form for them. I already plan to cook for Phil's giant sandwich so if I get enough orders by next weekend or just the three I'm cooking. Not Sure how to price a whole brisket. Any ideals. I plan to try and get equally sized cuts if possible. But whats it worth lets say for a $15 brisket to be prepared for someone. And the gigs they have will be mine. If the price I work up is acceptable to him.:-D

Jacob, next time accidentaly drop the pager in the firebox.

Jacob, next time accidentaly drop the pager in the firebox.
Thats the best ideal yet. However they hired another hvac guy. He starts soon. As soon as he learns his way around. I get a short break for a while. More time to cook.

Back