View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #87
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokedelic View Post
There is no current requirement that the 3 meats other than pork be cooked whole, therefore there is no need for a weight requirement.

By requiring pork to be cooked whole, AFTER trimming, you need a minimum weight requirement in order to define how much can be reasonably trimmed. Without the minimum weight requirement, you potentially remove the "BBQ" aspect from the category.

The Rules committee, and the Board as a whole, approved a 5 lb. weight minimum in February, so I'm curious why there was a change in direction only 5 months later?
Same could be said about the other categories but it's not and no one is trying to quickly cook slices of brisket or individual rib bones.

Why the change five months later? Because people bitched then and didn't like it so we took suggestions and made changes to fine tune it. What I've learned is that it really doesn't matter what the rules say, that there will ALWAYS be people who are pissed off about it so we're better off just DOING THE BEST JOB WE CAN DO and let everything work out from there. And when my turn on the board is over, I'll let someone else try.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->