Andouille and tasso stuffed wings (pron heavy)

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I spent the morning trimming up comp thighs and one of my favorite things to do with the reject thighs is make jambalaya. I make the base and stop prior to adding stock and rice and freeze that, then everything is ready to go for a week night supper with just the addition of rice. I cubed up the thighs and put them in the fridge and got the other ingredients around.

Tasso, andouille, onion, garlic, and spices.

Got it all cooked up to the point where I stop the process and cool it down to freeze.

I planned on doing wings for supper tonight for something quick and easy.......then I remembered that my aunt had mentioned something to me about jambalaya stuffed chicken wings.......although I stopped short of the jambalaya I had all the parts that had the flavor. No longer quick and easy.

I had never deboned a wing before, so just kind of figuring it out as I went along. Basically just started at the end and kept peeling things back with a slice as needed when things didn't want to release from the bone.

Got the bones out and wondered if this was going to be worth the hassle, fortunately I didn't have many to do and each one went a little quicker.

I diced up the "stuffing" to what seemed like a reasonable size for this.

Stuffed the wings and went out to get the kettle going.

Hit them with some cajun style seasoning and sauced them at the end. The wing tips made a nice handle.

I was home alone so I save most of the "I ate the bones" jokes as the dogs didn't seem to find them funny.

It was a fantastic flavor and definitely something I would do again........except maybe with a thigh or something a little easier to work with. :mrgreen:

That is flippin awesome! The possibilities are killer:clap2: Thanky.

Wow, that is hugely inspiring! I can't wait to try this with a southwestern style stuffing. GREAT post!

I am heading into the world of stuffed wings this Thursday! My friend in Belize makes something very similar. Bacon, onion & sausage stuffed wings. Crazy good! Yours look even better! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Jed

Wow! You really stuffed it. I was expecting a wing with a bunch of stuff piled on top. Beautiful! Looks delicious.

Back