• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I actually have little to add here, just gonna leave this here...
fattybriskie_zps6179ac1e.jpg

Think of it as inspiration...or stuffing for a sandwich...

Then again, once in a while, I'll just pick up a 4 pound piece of flat...
babyflat_zpsb916db2a.jpg

My 4 yr old even knows "that beef looks good daddy." In the mean time, I think I seriously drooled on myself.

Great pron! I can only imagine the flavor.

Good lord man ! That brisket looks out of this world !

Dem vittles look purtnear good enough to feed company folk.

What I did? Well, I was sorting and backing up some old images and came across these.

The top image:
A standard cook on my kettle. Used a packer, trimmed to 1/8" on the fat cap and the edges cleaned up. The rub was a mix of my personal rub (1/2 salt) and Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy. Cooked on the kettle at temperatures starting at 225F and ranging up through cook to 275F or so. No wrap or injection, just time until probe tender.

The Second Image:
Similar to first image, except it was, as noted, a small chunk of flat with a little fat cap and small lip of point. Cooked on kettle, again, cooked with my rub/SM combo. Cooked until it was done. The hotter temperatures in the 275F+ range seem to help keeping it moist.

There is literally no magic that was done, no tricks at all, just cooking brisket in the 275F+ range and letting it cook until done. I do add a lot of water to the cans in the kettle, these two cooks used water pans and soup cans full of water.

The ribs, were cooked in winter, on my brother's kettle, it was raining and I fought the kettle for 4 hours at 215F to 225F, finally, the last hour I got it up to 250F, just in time for them to be done. They were spritzed with my Pig Honey spray 3 times during the last hour of cooking. Again, no wrap, no added moisture (other than the rain) and just let them cook.

Back