My Soon to Be BBQ Room--WWYD?

3 bay sink, floor drain, Stereo, Ice Maker. Beware the commercial freezers and refrigerators (True) they are LOUD. Consider pushing the size a little bigger, your appliances will eat up a lot of room and your going to need storage for pans and rubs.

Attachments

• cookshed2.jpg
    cookshed2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 163
Small flat screen tv, Dvr& P0rno dvds, Mini beer fridge, comfy recliner to pass the time in Oh and a bucket to pee in. That takes care of your comfort. Deep/Laundry Sink with H&C water. Jelly boards, Magnetic knife rack about 6' of counter space, shelving, Cheap tablet to organize your rub, sauce, and Marinate/ brine/ injection recipes cheap Pots & pans( dual purpose) Pit and cook top duty, 2 burner hot plate.

All good suggestions. Over this past week, my man cave has been coming together.

From this
100MEDIA36IMAG0715.jpg

To this
2013-02-28_15-19-24_988.jpg

Instant hot water heater, small boiling water faucet, cutting board storage racks, very large racks for drying service tubs and larger implements

I've done some conceptual planning along with a rough budget for the above Brethren suggestions for you.

First you will need to convert the 10'x10' space you are considering for the BBQ room into a small, efficient 3 BR house. Then you will, with very careful planning, probably be able to then convert the old house space into your BBQ suite without having to add any more square footage.

As far as cost, if you stick to the bare necessities suggested, you should be able to obtain beneficial occupancy for just under $425,000, which includes a small contingencpy.

Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance with this exciting project.

:becky:

Great suggestions. Not sure I can get the drain in the floor, but would love to have that. The stainless steel is certainly on the drawing board. Appreciate all the insight.

I've done some conceptual planning along with a rough budget for the above Brethren suggestions for you.

First you will need to convert the 10'x10' space you are considering for the BBQ room into a small, efficient 3 BR house. Then you will, with very careful planning, probably be able to then convert the old house space into your BBQ suite without having to add any more square footage.

As far as cost, if you stick to the bare necessities suggested, you should be able to obtain beneficial occupancy for just under $425,000, which includes a small contingencpy.

Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance with this exciting project.

:becky:

Add another 20,000 square feet and another $500K, and you have the mod kitchen. :rolleyes:

CD :becky:

If you're going to go to that much trouble you might as well find out what you need to do to meet health department requirements for a license. Might as well leave the option open to sell BBQ in order to support the habit.

There's so many things, and so many good suggestions listed already and i'm trying not to overlap...

Not sure if you'd have to build it or if you could buy it, but it'd be cool to have a large cutting board mounted to the countertop with fluid grooves that were cut to drain out the side and would channel into the sink. That and one of those commercial dishwashing faucets that hang at head height and are hung by a spring that you grab - that would be awesome.

I remember working in the restaurant kitchen and being able to hose down everything, that was sure nice at the end of shift. Our owner wanted everything scrubbed, right down to the backs of the stoves and undersides of the equipment, each night. Stainless and a floor sink were my friends back then. Oh, and floor grids, man, those were terrific, plastic, textured, floor grids, when you dropped stuff, it went through the grid, no slipping on lettuce leaves or syrup. And the cushioning was priceless at the end of the day.

Back