• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

brisket in fridge, how long b4 it goes bad?

N

Noob

So i opened, washed, trimmed & rubbed down brisket. this was Thursday afternoon. Was gonna cook it saturday morning but an unexpected appointment came up saturday morning at 9am and now i have to push the cook to sunday.

The brisket is rubbed with black pepper and kosher salt. It is tightly wrapped in clear p
Shrink wrap (cling wrap).

Will the meat still be good an extra day in the fridge or should i throw it in the oven as the wife suggested and smoke a brisky next month?

If you hadn't salted it I would be less "concerned". I might think about giving it a good wash, dry it off, and keep it in the coldest part of the fridge till you are ready to cook it. Then take it out of the fridge as you are getting ready to fire up the pit then reseason just before it goes on.
The other option is to freeze it, but not sure that really buys you anything at this point.
Interested to hear what others think.

Should be fine to cook on Sunday IMO.

Should get a nice big "smoke ring" from the time with the salt.

Noob you need an attitude adj, nothing comes between me and my pit except the second coming and I aint so sure about that either. A man needs his aroma therapy.

I've air aged individual rib eye steaks with the S&P and garlic for three days (Turning twice per day) before with absolutely no problem. I don't think you have to worry.

Don't think you have much to worry about... the salt should stave off anything that might have presented a problem without it... If it was chicken I would have a different opine

I've air aged individual rib eye steaks with the S&P and garlic for three days (Turning twice per day) before with absolutely no problem. I don't think you have to worry.

air aged as in laying on the counter or in a refrigerator?

Back