Fatboy basting deflector

cpw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So I was the lucky recipient of one of Smokinit's backwoods basting deflectors. I got the deflector last week, but didn't get a chance to do anything with it until recently.

First thing I had to do was put a notch in the plate to accommodate the 180 door. Smokinit has since modified the design for this. Other than that, it fits great, the door closes no problem, and I can't wait to test it out this weekend. No more gooey fire door for me!
bygy9e3a.jpg
6yqejube.jpg

Thanks man a little R&D on the fly. Looks like we may just go with a version that will just cover the fire door and not go out to the cooker edges so we don't have to try to fit to many different door versions. You have a one off:mrgreen: Thanks for your help and feedback!!

...so is there room to put a sheet pan on the basting deflector and open and close the door?

So I was the lucky recipient of one of Smokinit's backwoods basting deflectors. I got the deflector last week, but didn't get a chance to do anything with it until recently.

First thing I had to do was put a notch in the plate to accommodate the 180 door. Smokinit has since modified the design for this. Other than that, it fits great, the door closes no problem, and I can't wait to test it out this weekend. No more gooey fire door for me!
bygy9e3a.jpg
6yqejube.jpg

I would say no not enough clearence between the door and it to open the door with it on it.Also it is only 9" wide.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Those who would like a deeper basting tray should let us know. We'd be happy to make them to any dimension. We have also fit these to Spicewine cookers.

What is this and do you have one for the extended party

Hey George it covers the fire box door so it doesnt get all gooed up. Go to our sales and ventures site here and you can view it all . If you stil, have my number call me if you want.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

I got a chance to do some smoking this weekend, and use the basting deflector for real. As you can see from the pic, it works exactly like it's supposed to. All I had to do to clean it when I was done was hose it off with a sprayer.
avy7y7yd.jpg

Sweet luv it when a plan comes together.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back