Stainless steel drum Sugestions

zzrudyzz

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
So I finished my UDS last weekend and it is time for the next project. My buddy offered me his 55 gallon stainless steel drum to make a Q of some sort out of. I have the UDS and am looking for a good idea for what to do with the Stainless drum. I do not have a welder so it is limiting on what is possible. However I can prossbly talk a diffrent buddy into doing some welding if needed. I was thinking some sort of offset smoker but am open to ideas. The collective knowledge on this board is very impresive so i am excited about the possablities.

I'd vote a SS UDS. Would be sweet.

Or you could have your friend weld you up a firebox and make an offset vertical. Just a thought.

stainless steel UDS. it would last forever, your grand kids could cook on that baby years from now. end of discussion. :mrgreen:

We have a Big Poppa stainless UDS. Highly recommend make another UDS. We now have two, both stainless .

My buddy offered me his 55 gallon stainless steel drum to make a Q of some sort out of. I have the UDS and am looking for a good idea for what to do with the Stainless drum.

Humm, 1st thing that comes to mind is send it to me, I will pay shipping. Sorry, I am no help at all! :whistle:

Well sound like another uds is the fan favorite. :-Dit would look pretty sweet. Other that the obviously awesome look of the stainless uds any other benefits from making one?
I am thinking a horizontal with smoke box would be kind of a fun challenge. Would cost me some beer and q i am sure but would be nice having another q in the arsenal.

I really love my stainless BPS drum. I've named it The Music Man. :-D

UDS like cowgirls. From what I've read, the "offset" and sideways barrels aren't nearly as good as a uds.

Back