Do we have a UDS FAQ somewhere?

Deeg

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
If not, I was thinking of setting one up somewhere. The mother-of-all-UDS-threads has tons of good info but it is a bit daunting.

If not, I was thinking of setting one up somewhere. The mother-of-all-UDS-threads has tons of good info but it is a bit daunting.
May be so but if you read the whole SOB you shouldn't have any questions, Like a science teacher once told me many moons ago, all the answers to the Questions are in the book. I can give you a book it's up to you to read it wise guy.:doh:

No fair! You should have to read the whole thing (or until you feel comfortable building one) :)

I'm all for condensing the information somehow. Honestly I've never understood why the "mother of all uds threads" is revered as the bible of uds building. As if its some kind of right of passage before you can build a drum. One doesnt have to read too far in to it to see the same questions asked over and over and over all the way through the thread. Dont get me wrong, I read it and enjoyed it! But, I also understand not everybody has the time or inclination to read through over 10,000 posts. :)

Deeg- I'll be glad to help if I can. Jason

I'm all for condensing the information somehow. Honestly I've never understood why the "mother of all uds threads" is revered as the bible of uds building. As if its some kind of right of passage before you can build a drum. One doesnt have to read too far in to it to see the same questions asked over and over and over all the way through the thread. Dont get me wrong, I read it and enjoyed it! But, I also understand not everybody has the time or inclination to read through over 10,000 posts. :)

I totally agree and given Mod status I would scrub all the chit chat and redundancy.

Based on that statement you only need to read until you find the answer. And yes it is a right of passage the forum has a a unique feature called Search. it is like the Mrs. know it all I was once married to but with allowing the user to control how historical it gets unlike the EX.:hand:

One doesnt have to read too far in to it to see the same questions asked over and over and over all the way through the thread.

That's the whole point! If one read that thread, they would have few questions left and thus a UDS FAQ would be unnecessary.

Based on that statement you only need to read until you find the answer. And yes it is a right of passage the forum has a a unique feature called Search. it is like the Mrs. know it all I was once married to but with allowing the user to control how historical it gets unlike the EX.:hand:

A Mrs. Know it all?............ I think I might have married your ex!

That's the whole point! If one read that thread, they would have few questions left and thus a UDS FAQ would be unnecessary.

Hazard, I couldn't agree more! Anybody who's read it knows there's a ton of redundancy though. There's also tons of good info. I also like deegs idea of a simple, condensed version as well. Maybe not a FAQ thread, but a quick k.i.s.s. tutorial, if you will. I like the idea, and would be more than glad to help deeg if I can. :) Jason

I think the redneck way is a great design, especially for a first build! Definitely helps a first timer keep it simple!

As far as I'm concerned if you follow the correct build procedure (K.I.S.S.) method you shouldn't be asking questions.

As far as I'm concerned if you follow the correct build procedure (K.I.S.S.) method you shouldn't be asking questions.

Yep. The more I think about it, my tutorial would basically be a carbon copy of rednecks build. It's how I built my 1st one, and its how I will build my next one. Great design and there's not much I could add.

For anyone considering building one, here were my two "go to" threads..........
1. Norco's redneck build
2. N8man's "Drumpit Basics...Or.......How I use my uds".

That's about as condensed as I would know how to make it! The first one shows you how to build it, the second shows you how to use it.

Hope this might help anyone that wants to build one! :)

Jason

The UDS thread is a bit over whelming..........but, it also has so many variations on the same basic theme. I found it good to look at all of the ideas that are spawned from that thread. The basic tutorial is the Roux, the UDS thread is all of the ingredients that make it dinner.

• Thanks
Reactions: jrn
Back