View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #13
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

I feel we do it about as simply as we can. About the only thing that changes is an additional cooler if we have more than 3 people. I used to worry about forgetting stuff and at one time had a dedicated checklist which I don't anymore. But since there is always a grocery store close I don't worry about forgetting paper towels, brown sugar, and stuff that I can easily buy. I do write out a small checklist to not forget meat and sauces I can't get at the store, but it is pretty small.

How many tables do you typically setup? One for prep and one or more for other stuff?
-I have 2 tables on leg extenders that are our prep and box making tables. We do have a 3rd lower table that is used to put misc stuff on or the cambro to get it elevated and easier access.
How do you store all of your various supplies? do you bring some shelves or have some sort of storage setup that keeps things organized?

-I have 2 small plastic bins for spices & food prep items like knives and cooking tools. Then 2 other plastic bins, which one is for wood and the other is for tools, fire extinguisher, light, torch, etc.
How many coolers do you typically have? 1 for comp meats and 1, 2, 3 or more of other food and beverages?

-I use 3 when it is just 2 or 3 people. One is for meat, one is for drinks, and the 3rd is solely for parsley and lettuce and then to hold the parsley boxes over night. A 4th cooler comes into play if we have 4+ people because then we need a water cooler and a separate beer cooler .

Here are my 2 boxes for knives, spices and some misc stuff. Not very large. I do have some duplicate tools items, but they are not large items.

Here is our setup a few weeks ago. Had 2 people at this one (technically I was there alone on Friday). But this is 2 canopies with the 3 coolers and 2 prep bins and it is pretty minimal, but has everything I need. Doesn't looked cramped.

Here is the back of the site with the wood bin, tool bin and cookers.

And here is the setup condensed into 1 canopy when we just had 2 people. So it works with one canopy too.