THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smokeworker

Knows what a fatty is.
It seems every catering gig this summer has us doing large quantities of legs & thighs.My method is smoke on the pit ,then char on the charcoal, is slowed by my tiny stainless barrel grill. My question is , what's a good 4 or 5 foot grill to finish the chicken. I may expand to steaks and stuff too. This grill has to be portable also.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
http://www.meijer.com/s/char-grille...gle_G_US_Meijer_eCom_PLA_Outdoor_Living_Patio

As a smoker they are a PITA, but it's a great charcoal grill with a ton of space, and cast iron grates.

75VkdEerZfQKAFvGBpOi8686BlDEY6YXB3J4nthnWi13Sn3IeK0wSQea5u-8Fq7NcAQaJu9quLU7x7XROKnBwD0uo0ESkOm0Q4O_e4iN3eFGgz6xlSL7CJYtehqpxtKZA8qObjjrcKiJtyx6J-J8Wr_GSpHmSiEDrskbZtxwkQbFmStf16uG

Add the second axle and 10" tires and it looks cool and much more moveable.

the chargriller pro can be found really cheap this time of year. i bought one with the SFB last year for under $150. without the fire box, it would have been less than $100.

I agree on the Char Griller. I wouldn't bother with it as a smoker again (too much work), but I love it as a grill. The biggest one, the Outlaw will set you back $200 - $250 depending on where you get it, but with a wheel modification, you can't beat them. Works nice as a rotisserie grill too. Just my .02 cents.

outlaw.jpg

outlawgrates.jpg

For my wheel mod, I put 3-inch stainless steel, rubber-stemmed casters on the shorter legs meant for the wheels that come with the grill. I put 10-inch semi-pneumatic tires on the longer legs, drilled holes and put in a 5/8-inch threaded rod for an axle. I also added a small metal handle on the side opposite the shelf to make pulling it around easier. Works like a champ. Tons of room in there!

block fence

The block fence is always a dead give-away, isn't it? :biggrin1:

block fences i think are unique to arizona deserts they are indestructible. I learned that the only way to buy a house is to get a house made of block,adobe or brick and try to avoid stucco which only lasts 25 years-my first Arizona house was stucco 30 years old and started falling
apart!
http://thebarbecuemaster.net

That is really pricey, but I have to admit that it's a great idea. I love that it folds up so it's like moving around a hand truck! That would be fantastic if you're going to be moving it around a lot for catering.

Back