All Star BBQ on OLN starts today 07/23!! 10:30A CDT

chad

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Nine weeks of BBQ Competiton on OLN

I'd heard about this but no details.

The current/latest edition of NBBQA News has the article. Chris Lilly is hosting (and I think he's in on the production, too) a nine week long head to head BBQ competition.

This is the real thing. Tim and I have competed against many of these guys and you'll notice that one is a Brother!

Teams we've competed against: Jack's Old South, ButtRub, even Chris Lilly himself at Mobile. the Brother is none other than DrBBQ, Ray Lampe.

This is gonna be great!! Eight weeks of preliminaries and then the finals - man this is bigger than the NCAA Final 4 (ok, maybe not!)! Even the "amateur" gets a shot at the big bucks and big win.

I hope my attachments are readable since I can't find a link to the article.

I apologize for the size but I left it large so the text can be read - also, the attachments have an order of their own.

((Note: I deleted the scanned articles due to the very large size. If anyone is interested in the pages PM me and I'll email or attach them to a message for you))[/b]

All of them are great cooks should be a great show, even the judges should put on a show.

Details are at this link.

The series starts July 23rd after the final leg of the Tour de Lance!

http://www.olntv.com/nw/article/view/723/?UserDef=true&catID=79

This thing turned out to be kinda political with some strange "reality show" rules and advancement. Still, it ought
to be interesting.

If you don't get OLN then I guess you'll be sucking air! :twisted:

Dang it!!! My DVR won't go that far ahead to schedule recording.

Sticky Note Mod

Need to check if my cable box can be set this far in the future, otherwise maybe somebody can post a REMINDER about this

Solidkick said:
What's OLN?

Now that, is funny. Kick, you know that store you work in?

Look around, I'm sure you can find 20 references to OLN

David, I enjoyed reading all the articles you scanned, regardless of size. It was a post that deserved large scrolling.

Its even in the Bullsheet this month, with no real details on when it will air.

noticed Ray referenced as a Chicago area truck driver

MoKanMeathead said:
Watch out for one of those amateur teams!!

That was a point of contention - the "amateur" teams were NOT backyard amateurs. :D

CRAP, we are switching to Dish Network today and the package will not have OLN. Switching from Directv because Dish has locals and DVR. What good is the DVR if you can't get record the shows you want to watch?

Solidkick wrote:
What's OLN?

Now that, is funny. Kick, you know that store you work in?

Look around, I'm sure you can find 20 references to OLN

Do now, but was only 30 days into the new job, with extensive self taught training when i posted this back April 1.
Needed some slack cut mod.......

yeah, from what I heard there was alot of politics. Fast Eddy WON two contests and wasn't selected for the finals because of their "point" system. It's only reality in the producer's mind.

Yeah, it was a lot lot Phil and Grillkings last year - he won on total points and categories but couldn't take Grillking honors because someone else had a single category higher score?? :D

I think that's what happend to Eddie - he won more events but with lower scores - so his total score was lower than the cut even with more wins -- confused? That's the way it goes but that doesn't make it equitable or "right".

Bullcrap.
Eddy is my buddy, but we all knew the deal going in. The highest point total was the way they were going to do it from day one. Anybody could have declined the invite.

drbbq said:
Bullcrap.
Eddy is my buddy, but we all knew the deal going in. The highest point total was the way they were going to do it from day one. Anybody could have declined the invite.

Thats cool Ray. Least we know it was legit.

And Kick, LOL I didnt realize the dates while posting from vacation land

Moderators, you can merge this into the other post later on, I just wanted something out here to let everybody know it was starting today. I almost missed it myself. So here's everybody's reminder!

If you do happen to miss it at 10:30, it looks like it's playing pretty much all day at different times.

Thanks, Richie!

It's 1015 and i read this. Bandera loaded and it's time for another cuppa coffee. i'm gonna fetch the paper & kick back with some OLN.

Hey Ray... First, congrats on the win with brisket! I really got a kick out of those Teaxs boys who were the challengers... They had their own cheering section, catered dinner and massage chairs... Those guys are definately Brethren candidates!

But... I also got a kick out of their comments when you and Myron were injecting your briskets, and then the judges saying that theirs tasted like roast beef!

Did Myron really cook his brisket for 5 hours at 350, or was he pulling our legs? I can't imagine how a brisket cooked like that would be tender.

For me, it was also very interesting hearing the judges comments on what they were looking for.

Back