First smoke with my iQue...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I set up my iQue WSM combo Sunday, and took it for its first spin.

I built a little stand out of scraps of wood to hand the iQue on, to keep it away from the heat of the smoker. The sensor hangs down through the upper vent, putting it at roughly the same position as the WSM's built-in thermometer.

I used a half of a chimney to put on top of my unlit fuel, and started the iQue. It got up to temperature in about 20 minutes, and held it there for the entire cook, which was about five hours, at 250 at the lid -- which means the upper rack was around 240, and the bottom around 230.

I smoked some SL Style spares. They turned out moist, tender and tasty. The meat pulled off the bone clean.

So, a good cook, followed by a Mavs NBA Championship. A good day, all around. :thumb:

Attachments

• ique001.jpg
    ique001.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 117
  • ique002.jpg
    ique002.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 117
  • ique003.jpg
    ique003.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 116
  • ique004.jpg
    ique004.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 117
  • ique005.jpg
    ique005.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 115
Looks like someone stole the meat off your ribs!

Good job... the temp controllers are definitely nice to have :)

Glad to see another positive review. I'm waiting for mine to get here. I didn't realize that they would take there time to ship it, won't even be put on the truck for 4-8 days. :mad2:

Thats wierd. I ordered mine last monday afternoon and got it friday afternoon.

Nice job CD! I've been thinking about ordering one of those for my UDS. All I need is the funds to send. LOL Nice Ribs BTW it is hot today in my part of the Lone Star State. 104 right now!

Back