Used Meadow Creek TS250... What's the going price?

MeatyOakerSmoker

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hello folks

What's the usual going price for a used MC TS250? I'm thinking of picking on up that is on sale but I'm not sure what the price range should be for it.

Thanks
Sam

I know the one your talking about, I think its a good deal for the full setup as long as everythings what they say it is, I really want to pull the trigger on it but cant bring myself to invest in all that

From the research that I did, the Meadow Creeks seem to hold about 80 - 85% of their original value on the used market. That's why I figured I'd just go with a new one since a used one wasn't going to be much less.

I'm not sure if that's the same for all brands or not, as I only looked at a few brands recently.

Keep in mind what shipping charges can do to the final price if it's something you can't pick up locally.

Best of luck!

I know the one your talking about, I think its a good deal for the full setup as long as everythings what they say it is, I really want to pull the trigger on it but cant bring myself to invest in all that

From what i can see they sell for just about that. As far as I can tell the TS120 keeps its value well better than the TS250. Probably because the size makes such a big fuel difference!

From the research that I did, the Meadow Creeks seem to hold about 80 - 85% of their original value on the used market. That's why I figured I'd just go with a new one since a used one wasn't going to be much less.

I'm not sure if that's the same for all brands or not, as I only looked at a few brands recently.

Keep in mind what shipping charges can do to the final price if it's something you can't pick up locally.

Best of luck!

Which models did you do your research against? Again it seems to me the TS-120 seems to hold up much much better than the TS-250.

I think what it comes down to is , what is it worth to you, does it fit in your budget, and does it have what you need. Lastly, is it the size you want.

For me, the only difference between a new and used smoker of this type is the just the age. If they are both built the same with the same features all it comes down to is one is older then the other. This is with the assumption that nothing is broken with the old cooker and of course, you may need to clean the older one.

In short, if the used cooker is in good shape and it fits the budget and what you want, go for it. You will save some cash and have a great cooker.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

I think what it comes down to is , what is it worth to you, does it fit in your budget, and does it have what you need. Lastly, is it the size you want.

I think that last part is the question I keep asking myself. I feel like the TS-250 is too big. I'm guessing it's going to be a lot of fuel to keep this bad boy going... at least for the volume of meat I can see myself cooking.

Which models did you do your research against? Again it seems to me the TS-120 seems to hold up much much better than the TS-250.

Well, I did end up buying the TS120 and I added live smoke in the warming chamber because to me that made more sense than just going with the larger 250. If I'm doing a small smoke just for the family, I can just smoke in the warmer area and not dirty up the 120 chamber. The TS120 does hold value very well, but I've noticed just about the same with the chicken cookers and pig roasters. I really wasn't in the market for a 250 so I didn't pay that close attention to the values.

Well, I did end up buying the TS120 and I added live smoke in the warming chamber... I can just smoke in the warmer area and not dirty up the 120 chamber.

Interesting idea... I always seem to learn new stuff from you folk. Thanks!

If you are not going to cook for big groupson a regular basis, then go for the TS 120. When I'm cooking for the family I rarely fire up my Lang 84.

Again, good luck with your decision.

Back