• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Behold! The Pecan Pie Fatty! (aka Pecan Pig)

All, I can say is that there are some things I am just not capable of understanding. Appears you're riding in the same boat. The only thing I can do is say, "I'm really sorry Honey, I'll do my best never to do that again. Please forgive me." I'm pretty well trained to accept all the blame for everything. Things run much smoother that way and we're all happier. Ok, scrap the pecan pie and go with apple. :thumb:

All, I can say is that there are some things I am just not capable of understanding. Appears you're riding in the same boat. The only thing I can do is say, "I'm really sorry Honey, I'll do my best never to do that again. Please forgive me." I'm pretty well trained to accept all the blame for everything. Things run much smoother that way and we're all happier. Ok, scrap the pecan pie and go with apple. :thumb:

This is why I will Never Ever Ever, EVER ever ever, buy Wright's Maple bacon again.

I could definitely see making it again. I can't imagine it becoming a regular thing, but I have a feeling this might just become some sort of craving I get once in a while.:becky:

I had a flavor in mind that I thought this would hit, and the result was in the ballpark, but was actually little bit of a surprise. It's sweet, like you would imagine, and I think adding sauce brings it back towards BBQ. I would not hesitate to use sauce next time, but many sauces would clash with it. The BigButzBBQ sauce worked great with it, and when I was imagining in my head while it was cooking what it would taste like, I thought the sauce would match up well too. RSS sauce might work too for this.
What about a spicy maple syrup glaze of some sort?

Right.:rolleyes:Don't blame me. As if you need an excuse. lol. Good luck with it. I'll tell you what though, that was very creative. :clap2:

No more work really than any other stuffed fatty with a bacon weave.:wink:

I'm just waiting to see someone else make it!:becky:

The best way I could describe the flavor to put it in the ballpark is that it tastes like eating a piece of sausage from a plate of pancakes covered with pecans and butter pecan syrup, with maybe a little bit of the pancakes with syrup and a pecan stuck to it. It doesn't taste like eating the pancakes, the meat is the dominant flavor. It's just been sweetened is all. Pecan Pie flavor is actually more delicate than I would have imagined.

No more work really than any other stuffed fatty with a bacon weave.:wink:

Except for the part about making the pecan pie (or convincing someone else to make one for you), and the jewelry shopping you have to do to pacify your better half when she finds out that you put that pecan pie she was planning to eat for dessert into a fattie. Other than that, it is just like making any other stuffed fatty. And of course you also are condemned to hear about how you nearly destroyed your marriage by putting a perfectly good pecan pie into a fatty every time you forget to take out the garbage. :doh: Yes, but other than that....

Actually, I've almost convinced my wife, but she thinks adding the crust is not a good idea and I think it's a great idea. Of course, I think I might find it difficult actually to put a pecan pie into a fatty, ... that is, unless it had a twin nearby.

Could wrap the Fatty with the crust...or crumble the cooked crust up
and roll the Fatty in the crumbled up crust pieces.
Then add some red and green food coloring ...and you'll be ready for
Christmas.

You won't know until you try, but I would think putting the crust on the outside would just give you burnt crust.

That said, not all fatties can turn out rolled the same way mine was, I suppose. In mine, the crust was in the middle and surrounded by pecan pie filling except for one side where meat and crust were connected. So in mine, the crust seemed no different than sitting at the bottom of the pan under all that pie filling anyway. Again, the next one someone rolls up might be different though.

What's the problem with the crust? Just curious. I'd love to see a variation on the theme, so feel free to modify as you see fit. I'm just wondering what the thought processes are.

If you whipped up some confectioners sugar and egg whites, folded in a cup of crushed pecans then rolled the whole fatty in that before smoking... you could have smoked, candied, crunchy pecans on the outside and ooey goey candied pecans on the inside. Twice the pecans - twice the fun.
:-D

Back