My pork is pathetic!!!!!

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
My only call for pork, ever, was a 9th 4 years ago (and the judges must have been drunk) as it scored it usual bargain basement finish this weekend.

I sell thousands of pounds of the stuff a year (wife and kids actually used my big trailer and sold 300 pounds this weekend), but I can't please a judge to save my life!!!!!

I'm right there with ya buddy.. My best was 9th about 3 years ago.

I've been anywhere from 1st to 31st........it may be more of a case of you haven't hit the right table....I'm sure your pork is very good!

Jeff... the People's Choice winner this weekend was DAL in the same category. Go figure what the judges were looking for.

Jeff... the People's Choice winner this weekend was DAL in the same category. Go figure what the judges were looking for.

Bet if it was blind judging for People's Choice, that would have been a different story.

I feel you! I can go from 3rd on weekend to 40th the next. Pork is still a toss up for me. I think the problem is that everyone cooks pretty good pork.

Agreed 100%. The winners were near the polling place. Hmmmmm??????

Hey, WE resemble that remark!!! We're we close to the polling station, but we had a lot of people we say that kept coming back.

I don't know if Team Sticky was a local bunch or not, but if they were that would help. I know the Washington Bank team had a lot of locals hanging out. They were a nice bunch.

Are you doing anything out of the ordinary to it?

Remember, you are cooking for a judge, not yourself. Lots of folks make competition Q, that is different from their own vittles.

My pork kills me all the time. We did awesome this weekend in Salisbury and our pork took us out of a shot at the top prize. I do not get pork and I do not think I ever will. My name is Matt, and my pork sucks!

My pork kills me all the time. We did awesome this weekend in Salisbury and our pork took us out of a shot at the top prize. I do not get pork and I do not think I ever will. My name is Matt, and my pork sucks!

Amen. I'm preparing to form the midwest chapter of P*ss Poor Pork Pullers!!

Brian and I thought our pork was spot on this round. The slices were perfect, had great flavor, and it killed us.

You just never know.

Brian and I thought our pork was spot on this round. The slices were perfect, had great flavor, and it killed us.

You just never know.

Killed YOU? You were RGC. You could have sucked a bit more and give us little guys a chance. WTF, Bill!

Little guy - heck, I was ready to give you the trophy, 4 calls. I thought you had it tied up. Plus your pork has hit the big money twice, good luck at the butt to butt!

I meant it killed us, by, we really thought we put out some good product and BAM, - NO RIBBON FOR YOU!

Back