End of year Tubesteak..Bob Brisket Sr. and Jr. Style!! PRON

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Well, this year is the start of a new tradition. We've had our fill of tamales from neighbors, in-laws, etc. We can even buy them from folks in the Wal-Mart parking lot selling them outta their car!!:shock: We also had our fill of menudo too. My Dad has a nasty cold, so Prime Rib is out since we are staying home this year. I'm hoping to keep this new tradition going with my son and later on with my daughter too! I've been dying to try my new Grizzly Stuffer. For the money.............it's a KICK ARSE STUFFER!! I highly recommend it. It cut the time by more than half by using the stuffer instead of the grinder. Actually, I think my New Wing Man helped the process go faster. It helps to have someone manning the stuffer crank!!
Gotta love it!!:wink:
3155004414_5c42704bec_o.jpg

Started with these two bad boys!!
3155004420_b3e09e0693_o.jpg

3155004434_9952e02301_b.jpg

Here's the HOT batch!! EVERYTHING went into the grinder. I use all fresh ingredients and no additives, preservatives, etc. It goes from the stuffer to the grill or the freezer.
3155004442_32c3cc2cc7_b.jpg

The Sweet mix. LOTS of garlic.
3155004448_4436a4b316.jpg

The Gear.
3155004450_fe1a459112_o.jpg

My Wing Man!! I noticed he was outta uniform!! (Brethren Cap)
3154179707_b972be498a_o.jpg

Got him in proper attire....Feetie PJ's and Brethren cap.
3154179715_2a93595680_o.jpg

He worked the crank like a champ!! That's the look of concentration!!
3154179705_8856b3ea48_o.jpg

Me and my tubesteak!!:twisted:
3154179731_b5664820f2_o.jpg

Final count! ? I forgot to count em all!:sad:
3155020678_b53bfa0fa9_o.jpg

Leftover Hot Mix onto the skillet!!! Chef's sample. Good stuff!!:grin:
3155020686_2bd521aeb0_b.jpg

Ready to go into the deep freeze. A batch of each will be properly smo/grilled either tomorrow or Friday for the Throwdown!!
ASHMONT.....................No, you can't have any!!:twisted:

Njoy!

Those sausages look like they will be great. And I just hafta say your helper is simply adorable!

The picture of him turning the crank is awesome:biggrin:! How do you like the Grizzly stuffer? Your links look good. John

Those are the times in life he'll remember most. One day he'll say hey dad remember when............and you will with a big smile.

Man, that looks great. It looks like your wing man was really getting into it!

Now that's a great memmory and tradition to pass on down through the generations. Conagratulations on some great looking sausages. BTW, Happy New Year

Great stuff, and will be great memories.
It is nice to have a wingman isn't it???

Great looking links, the stuffer is the way to go. After 20 years of trying to put it back through the Kitchenaid, sausage making is fun & fast again.

Thanks everyone. This was my second time making links. The last time was over a year ago and I thought I would never make em again since it was such a chore using the grinder only. The stuffer made it so easy and fun. Don't let the plastic gears fool you. It never skipped and the gears din't grind or anything. My son was able to turn the crank very easily and I actually had to tell him to slow down cause he was going faster than I could remove the casing. He had a blast. I hope to grill some up today. If you are looking for a decent stuffer at a decent price.........I recommend the Grizzly.
A coulple of times he turned the crank with no casing on the tube!!!! :-D Sausage on the wall mod!!

I had a hell of a time putting the first casing on until I remembered Thirdeye's tip about having a nub of mix coming out of the stuffer tube..............made the job a snap after that.

It was fun.........thanks again.

That's is a nice tradition to pass on, and your young apprentice seems very eager and capable to take over, soon. Thanks for sharing!

Nice Links there Bob, and good idea with letting Jr help. I too recently started making sausage and tried to my wife my wing man...That's another story in it's self. I think I will try my 8 year old daughter after seeing your son having so much fun.

There is NO way you'll eat all those before they freezer burn.......you'd better send them up here to MoFo land before they do....we'll be true brothers and help you get rid of them.....

Nice job Bob and Bob Jr.!

Back