View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 07:47 PM   #7
dodgeramsst2003
Full Fledged Farker

Well to start I'm just planning on renting the cookers as I don't have the time or money to get everything together for a health department cert. I would like to be able to add "personal chef" of "pitmaster" services but I'm not sure if michigan would see the difference between that and catering. I do know someone who caters and is certified. I might talk to her and see if she would like to add low and slow to the menu and just work under her license if thats allowed. This has to be a small capital investment that I can put in a little at a time as it (hopefully) grows. I have more time to make stuff than I do money to "buy" a business solution. I figure I can make my cookers and use them myself and then when there is a demand for it I can rent them out. I'm a little concerned over the liablity issue of someone getting burned on a hot surface, or if I add propane having someone let it go out and an explosion happening. You know what they say, "everytime you make something idiot proof, they make a better idiot"
- Homebuilt cold smoker, Cookshack SM008.
- 250 gal oil drum cut and waiting for me to build it
- (3) more 250 gal oil drums waiting for me to go get them.
- Custom offset in progress.
Link To The Build: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=71893
dodgeramsst2003 is offline   Reply With Quote