John Henry's Rub

Bigdog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Tried to order some of his Wild Cherry Chipotle rub today but had a hard time finding anyone who had it. Ended up calling the company and talked with John Henry himself. Heck of nice guy. Sold me some of it right there.

My question to the Brethren is do any of you know where else to buy the stuff? I was suprised that Hawgeyes did not carry them. Any of you interested in selling it? The guy was really nice and I think it would be cool if one or more of the brothers carried his rub. I tried it for the first time at Greg's bash and everytime I use it I get great complements. His number is 866-682-7866. His web site is: http://www.johnhenrysfoodproducts.com/

P.S. I have no financial or other arrangement here. I am just trying to promote a good guy and a great product.

Tried to order some of his Wild Cherry Chipotle rub today but had a hard time finding anyone who had it. Ended up calling the company and talked with John Henry himself. Heck of nice guy. Sold me some of it right there.

My question to the Brethren is do any of you know where else to buy the stuff? I was suprised that Hawgeyes did not carry them. Any of you interested in selling it? The guy was really nice and I think it would be cool if one or more of the brothers carried his rub. I tried it for the first time at Greg's bash and everytime I use it I get great complements. His number is 866-682-7866. His web site is: http://www.johnhenrysfoodproducts.com/

I've used a few of John Henry's rubs...I get them from Sutter Home & Hearth in Woodinville, WA. Good stuff. Check out the Apple Jerk Chicken!:p

JD

Last edited:
They have it at several of the BBQ stores here in the TX metroplex. BBQ Galore has it. The peach is good too.

Has anyone tried the Rasberry Chipolte yet? John said that is was good too.

Well I heard that it was better than the Cherry but haven't had the chance to ty it because they didn't have any. Actually that was what DeeZ told me when he bought it. I really like the cherry. The peach was awesome but didn't work well in competition.

I have tried raspberry...OK stuff but never bought more..
I like the summer peach rub better than raspberry chipotle. The Wild Cherry Chipotle is still my favorite. I've got five bottles of WCC that I need to use soon.

Next time though, I might just by the Wild Cherry seasoning (without the Chipotle) and try doctoring that up with a different pepper. The Chipotle flavor can be overwhelming if it is not applied evenly when shaking out of the bottle, especially since the sugar clumps very easily and then the salt and pepper settle at the bottom.

I have tried raspberry...OK stuff but never bought more..
I like the summer peach rub better than raspberry chipotle. The Wild Cherry Chipotle is still my favorite. I've got five bottles of WCC that I need to use soon.

Next time though, I might just by the Wild Cherry seasoning (without the Chipotle) and try doctoring that up with a different pepper. The Chipotle flavor can be overwhelming if it is not applied evenly when shaking out of the bottle, especially since the sugar clumps very easily and then the salt and pepper settle at the bottom.

Thanks for the feedback on the Razzle-dazzle berry there Vinny.

I like Greg's idea of just throwing it in the food processor. No problem with the mix that way.

Been wanting to try the Cherry Chipotle - just haven't pulled the trigger.

I nuked it in the micro.

I don't own a food processor, and the microwave trick didnt work (for me)

Gordons Grub Rub, now that works with unclumping in the micro.

But the Henry's, those clumps turned into rocks in the microwave.

I'll have to try the raspberry though

sounds interesting

George @ Adventures in Heat or Adventures in Cooking in Clarence, NY. I know he carries John Henry Products. Bought and used them many times. The Pecan Rub is one of my favorites. Give him a call, I am sure he'd be glad to send you some 716.759.HEAT.

When you microwave clumped rub all you are doing is softening the sugar. It has always worked well for me once I started doing it. I used to buy rubs in bulk then vacuum seal them and they would turn into a solid rock, then I would put in a blender to loosen up. The microwave is so much easier and definitely not quite as messy.

The local Traeger retailer sells JH products. Another retailer was selling it for a while, but I think they stopped carrying it.

I like his store here in Houston he is a great man to spend time with and just BS he has a pecan injection the good in pork

I'm going to resurrect this thread from 07:thumb:, I've Google d if there are any reviews of John Henry's Rubs if anyone uses them and nothing but this old thread pops up. Well I have used the brisket rub and its great(just n tha backyard), I want to try his pecan rub I mean JH is still in business so has anyone used his rubs in any comps with any success or for anything :pray::confused:

Back