Dino Bones & 2 Chuckies cooked like a brisket...

Sean "Puffy" Coals

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
... that was cooked like a chuckie.

Haven't cooked anything in a while so I figured I'd fire up the drum while I work on my other smoker build.

9-22-2013ChuckiesampBeefRibs1_zpsd496d16f-1.jpg

The top chuckie just has S&P on it, the bottom has my Dynamite(TM) Brisket Rub. The 2 racks on the left have my Dynamite(TM) Rib Rub, which my wife really liked last time, and the 2 racks on the right just some coarse salt & pepper, which I really liked last time.

The racks are all totally mutilated by whatever blind amputee cut them, so I'm only gonna smoke them for an hour, hour and a half and then wrap in foil to keep them from drying out and getting too dark.

I post more pics later. Thanks for lookin!

Just now got around to uploading pics of the finished product. Everything came out great!

9-22-2013ChuckiesampBeefRibs3_zps87ea29ea.jpg

9-22-2013ChuckiesampBeefRibs4_zpsf746b510.jpg

9-22-2013ChuckiesampBeefRibs2_zps2310d5ac.jpg

9-22-2013ChuckiesampBeefRibs5_zps4a769539.jpg

The ribs were a vast improvement over my first attempt. Apparently beef ribs squeeze a lot of moisture out as they cook/shrink- wrapping them seemed to be the key to keeping them moist, at least in my pit.

I wish I had done the same for the chuckies as they were just a bit on the dry side. The flavor was totally there, tho in both the S&P and the one i used my Brisket rub on. Next time I will definitely wrap and use more Dynamite (tm) Rub on them- I didn't have a lot left so it was applied pretty thin.

Thanks for lookin!

Havent done the dino's yet but they are soon to be tried. I'll have to remember to wrap. Good job and nice looking cook!

Back