• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Guru for UDS

juggs

Reaction score
whats a good BBQ Guru temp control unit for the UDS i see they very alot in prices . and i don`t need any thing high tek { WiFi}

I had a PartyQ on mine and sold it after one use. It's not that it didn't work; a temp controller isn't needed on a UDS. Mine will run at 240 for 10 hours once it is dialed in manually.

I use an iQue 110 on my UDS. It works perfectly and is cheaper than most gurus. The Auber is another good option. The guru Party Q is the entry level guru, but it is battery-powered, which may just be one more thing to worry about.

The only way I would ever consider an ATC on a Drum Smoker is if I were running it indirect with a waterpan or some type of heat deflector.

Not mine, but it gets the job done.

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

A really neat temp controller for a UDS is ball valves. They work great and cheap also. :p

Digit dx2! I can sleep low and slow, cook Hott and fast and cook with ramp mode for when I'm at work, I don't have to worry bout overcookin any food. Marvelous peice of mind and adds confidence in your BBQ
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbgJCuFtqQ4&sns=em"]J$ UDS pork butt @300 - YouTube[/ame]

If you want one, I like the PartyQ. It is simple and does the intended job. I do recommend getting some rechargeable batteries.

Back