Timing issue do i sleep on it?

Elfmaze

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I usually start my rib tips in a slow cooker with some green enchilada sauce the night before a BBQ for my pulled pork.

We needed the pulled pork earlier for the ABT prep so I started a Shoulder today at about 2. Its only to 198 and not moving real fast. the liquid in the pot is boiling around it.

I am trying to figure if I sit up and wait for 205.... And if so, Do I chill the pork over night until serving tomorrow at 2pm? or do I leave it in the crock pot on warm until tomorrow am to pull it and start reducing my sauce?

I didn't really think of the timing on this one. Usually by the time I finish the sauce its ready to serve on BBQ day

No way you will be able to chill it fast enough unless you pull it tonight, part it out and put it in the frezzer to chill it fast, then into the fridge till tomorrow....

or assumings its foiled, I would remove from cooker at about 200-205.. Wrap it in a towel or blanket and cooler it. It will hold until tomorrow morning.. then Pull it, chill it and bring it to temp to serve.

a 200 degree butt will stay hot(>140) for 8 hours wrapped in a blanket and coolered .

u can also just hold in a warm oven.. think this will turn it to mush though.

I usually start my rib tips in a slow cooker with some green enchilada sauce the night before a BBQ for my pulled pork.

We needed the pulled pork earlier for the ABT prep so I started a Shoulder today at about 2. Its only to 198 and not moving real fast. the liquid in the pot is boiling around it.

I am trying to figure if I sit up and wait for 205.... And if so, Do I chill the pork over night until serving tomorrow at 2pm? or do I leave it in the crock pot on warm until tomorrow am to pull it and start reducing my sauce?

I didn't really think of the timing on this one. Usually by the time I finish the sauce its ready to serve on BBQ day

I'm confused... Are you cooking it in a crockpot? The bold parts above sure sound like it.

I had all three racks full of other goodies. This is my green chilly "pulled pork" Cook it down with 30 oz of green enchilada sauce, pull the meat out, separate the fat, then reduce the runnings down to a thick sauce before reintroducing them back in. Fry up a burrito shell in a oil bath, top with pico de gallo, a bit of green stuff, guacamole great stuff and its a hands off dish. Had all three grates on my two drums working on other things.

As long as it tastes good, I don't care how it's cooked. My brother-in-law makes what he calls BBQ in a crockpot. I refuse to call it BBQ, but it sure as hell tastes good.

Back