BBQ Brochure

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm trying to create a brochure for my BBQ Catering biz. Do any of you caterers have a sample I can check out to get some ideas from?

Some of those guys were at NYC's first sanctioned bbq contest, Grilling on the Bay. Who knew, huh? Fugedaboutit!

Mista, printing is so expensive, that I just got cards that direct them to my website. Woody

I'm working on my menu and price list to put on a website now.

The Woodman said:
Mista, printing is so expensive, that I just got cards that direct them to my website. Woody

Question? Since something less than half the house-holds in America have internet access, does this give you the coverage you need? What about the other "half". are they sol?

ThomEmery said:
Who can afford catering? Folks with money to buy a puter

Everybody who can, don't. My Mom, who died recently at 85, had several million bucks, never touched a computer, but she did buy a lot of food from other people as she entertained a lot in her social set in south georgia.

Printed brochures are always nice...but business cards can can work too, especially if you have the back of the card printed up wih some more details if the front is just a Name, logo, slogan and phone #. You possibly noting the specialties with bullet points etc..

Here's an example of the back of the card

Mission Statement : To bring the finest damn BBQ west of the Missisippi to your home or office for family gatherings,parties or corporate events

• Pork Ribs (wet or dry)
  • Pulled Pork
  • Brisket
  • Chicken
  • Side Dishes
  • Beverages
Website direction is fine. I agree, most people who would pay for catering have internet access at home or work. Even my 85 yr old grandmother who never used a computer recently learned at the local public library and know goes online there once a week to look up websites that she reads about in the newspaper. If she can look things up without a home computer, I am sure most potential customers will have a way as well.

Not too sure here. I'm an admitted puter addict. Been using bulletin boards and Usenet for a long time. But your audience, or potential customer base, is not people like us. We know how to cook. You aren't going to sell me much.Reality of it is I can make it myself.

I spent one winter (many moons ago) peddling frozen pizzas to bars and grocery stores. We had a superior product but got beat out of many accounts by a larger operation. They had color pictures of their product embedded in the vacu suck packaging. Ours was a plain label. Just sayin that pretty pictures and color brochures will help.

But I'm still poor so what do I know. I am happy though.

qman said:
Everybody who can, don't. My Mom, who died recently at 85, had several million bucks, never touched a computer, but she did buy a lot of food from other people as she entertained a lot in her social set in south georgia.

Well I was thinking in terms of averages. She would represent IMHO an exception. Although I would have loved an invite :) To one of her events.
Neil has to work within a budget I am sure. The ol Bang for the Buck deal.
I have a service Biz and its really Word of Mouth after the 1st few months
We are 6 years in and 95% of our new Biz is by referral

Back