View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #11
flyingbassman5
is one Smokin' Farker

Updated pics. Got busy last night and finally had a chance to load up the pictures so here ya go..

Nice looking butt before being torn apart. Turned out delicious and I loved the milder smoke of the Apple wood. Was seasoned over night with Weber KC Style BBQ Rub.

Pulled with ease and he bone came out clean. Everyone loved it.

The second butt I did was just as good as the first. Overall the cook went well. The ribs were a hit with everyone and they loved the Blues Hog sauce. They were seasoned with a 50/50 mix of Famous Dave's and Blues Hog dry rub. This was also the first time I cook the ribs straight. Didn't foil or mess with any mopping, just let them ride until they passed the bend test and probed tender between the bones. Total cook time was around 3.5 hours.

Stubb's and Cherry were the fuels of choice in the trusty UDS (rocked ~275 the whole cook). The cherry was good and the ribs did have a nice deep reddish pink smoke ring. Smoke flavor wise, it was hard to distinguish but they were not as smokey as doing them over hickory like I have in the past. I think I'm going to stick with the no foil method and next time will mess around with hickory/cherry/apple combos.

Until next time fellas!

Thanks from:--->