Tupelo Honey

smokinit

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Anyone ever try this in their rib wrap it definitely has a buttery taste to it.

I got a quart a while back and thought it was to good to waste on ribs.

Yep, it's sweet but really light in flavor. I used it like I would agave nectar. Drizzle around wrapping.

I'm no expert but I have eaten at the Tupelo Honey Cafe in Ashville, NC.

Not worth the expense in my opinion. Any subtle differences in flavor between Tupelo and regular honey will likely be lost in all the smoke and spices. Now, if you were going to use it exclusively in lieu of a rub, maybe just as a glaze at the end, it might stand out.

Not worth the expense in my opinion. Any subtle differences in flavor between Tupelo and regular honey will likely be lost in all the smoke and spices. Now, if you were going to use it exclusively in lieu of a rub, maybe just as a glaze at the end, it might stand out.

Thought I would play with it it was a gift got a gallon of the stuff.

Ancient Chinese secret:mrgreen:
LOL - always a secret! I was just asking because I had heard that certain areas of the region where it is harvested are having issues with the bee population dropping.

I get it from a farmer's market. No more expensive than any of the other honeys they have. All more expensive than store bought though. I like buckwheat honey a lot. It is a lot stronger.

i'm thinking about getting a couple gallons of the orange honey to make a mead.

edit: sorry for getting off topic. i got carried away. honey does that to me.

Anyone ever try this in their rib wrap it definitely has a buttery taste to it.

never tried it on ribs, I like it because of it's mild flavor compared to what we get up here in the NorthEast (Clover and Wildflower). I sometimes get Blueberry honey from local growers, but my favorites are Tupelo and Orange Blossom honey.

I came across Tupelo Honey about 15 years ago. I felt compelled to try it because I remembered a song from a concert "Tupelo Honey" by Van Morrison.

I mail order the honey late spring, so hopefully I get fresh products.

It's also great on ice cream or fresh biscuits.

May I ask where you got the Tupelo honey????????

Looks like you get it here.

31887504.jpg

Back