Putting Lipstick on a Pig

Mapleleaf

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I was down in the US this summer and went into a Tractor Supply - sorta like a Princess Auto up here.. and picked up a Redstone Four in one for a VERY low price. It is a flimsy thing but I thought it would be a step up from my decades old Brinkman which worked great. I'm currently at the low end of the market.

So I bought it and have been modding out the smoker side as a small father/son project - good chance to get #1 son used to the plasma cutter and MIG. So far I have sealed the whole thing with red HT silicone (it was DRAFTY) and lined the lower half with fire brick and installed 1/4" tuning plates. I lined the cover and the top of the side firebox with 12 gauge steel. I sealed the lid and firebox closing surfaces with HT silicone as well. I've built a charcoal basket out of mesh and installed a River Country Thermometer. All I have left is the vent tubing and I'm ready to fire her up. I've got one of Wang's PID systems waiting in the wings as well.

Son is wondering why I just didn't build a better one:confused: but that is next on the list after fooling around with this. We are having fun. Got an old propane tank coming in so that will be in the future.:mrgreen: Oink!

I have a few pics if anyone is even remotely interested in this.

Wouldn't be interested in the pictures of this but WOULD be very interested in the propane build out when you get it. I even all of you who have welding and power tool skills.

The only welding I do is my butt to a chair...

Back