• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Operation BBQ Relief: Brick NJ

42BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hey guys, my wife, kids, father in law, and brother trekked our way East today, U Haul in tow, to Brick NJ. Met some great Brethren and other BBQ guys while we were there. Hauled water, clothes, cleaning supplies, 54 8# cans of fruit cocktail/sweet corn/green beans, two cases of MC dry rub, two cases of MC sauce, personal care items etc. Friends and family pitched in.

First we stopped off at Brick Twp. Highschool and dropped all the non food related stuff then on to the OBR site!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352412994.354560.jpg

BBQ Bandit's site, Brother's been cooking since Monday! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352413065.068527.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1352413082.606785.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1352413099.321002.jpg

Here's Bandit hard at work (love that guy) loading an SP. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352413149.738525.jpg

Lovely wife and daughters ready to serve ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352413208.499132.jpg

the cooks prepping, met some pretty cool guys David Marks (Wilburs Revenge) Rob Marion (OBR REP) Bandit and a couple others. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352413417.270463.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352413472.923537.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352413251.931947.jpg

The family ready to go ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352413536.138039.jpg

Folks gettin fed!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352413610.950909.jpg

whats the story there for the weekend. I have heard from Mike and Pat who were with me for team hoboken. We are looking for where we should set up this weekend. Do they need any more cookers in Brick or will they be fine this weerkend? thanks

Not sure, get in touch with Jeff Hughes (use the OBR thread on the competition side of this site) or maybe BBQ Bandit he's at Brick now.

Hats off to all the guys cooking there. What we chipped in today was so small in comparison. God bless them all.

Hey! That's me with my hands in my pockets. I did do some work yesterday I swear. :grin:

attachment.php

Seriously though, everyone there is doing an unbelievable job. I wish I could go back again today. I got to meet some truly great folks, sorry I didn't get to meet you also 42BBQ, not sure how that happened, or should I say didn't. I worked in the kitchen the first half of the day which is right near the side door. I was amazed at how many people just came up to the door to donate whatever they could. Pete and the rest of the guys killed it in the kitchen all day, pretty much worked non stop. The spirit of the Brethren is definitely alive and well, I'm sure of that. :thumb: :clap2:

Thank you so much. I am born and raised in Brick. Just got back from there from a long week of clean up. Your help and generosity is much appreciated.
Can't thank you enough everything!!

Great job guys! I am sure the people trying to recover from Sandy appreciate the help you provided.

I can't tell you guys how much we appreciate you doing this. I was helping my brother clean out his yard, tearing down trees, removing docks and decking from his yard, his fences, shoveling river muck/sewage all day long with him (his neighborhood is pretty much destroyed).

We heard a truck coming around and honking. My brother went out and came back with a few trays of food. We had chicken thighs, some mac&cheese, some beans, some broccoli and some ziti.

Not only was the food awesome, but the feeling of having people care enough to bring out warm food and water to people who lost everything really makes you feel good.

Thanks to all of you from a fellow brethren member.

Back