View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #44
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

I don't think that any one is saying he is the only good pitmaster out there, and I wouldn't necessarily say he is being worshiped here. I think that it's a matter of the fact that he's been on T.V. a lot lately. That, and many of the people I know or have heard on here that have been to his place say that he does have either the best, or some of the best brisket they've ever had.

No one's saying that his method is the only one. But, people struggle with brisket, and to finally see a visual on T.V. as an example of what you're striving for the end result to be, it usually causes people to gravitate to that method. Kind of hard to duplicate a result if you don't keep the variables the same to get a base line to work from.

As far as inconsistancies, I don't remember seeing any thing mentioned about how he does it than what you have written there? I've heard him say in interviews where he says between 275* - 300* when asked what temp he cooks at. Maybe he's putting out different info to different people on purpose to keep us guess and to not give away the finer details? Like it's been said before, the only people that know for sure are him and his assistant pitmaster.

[COLOR=darkred]“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.”[/COLOR] - Mark Twain

- Beautiful family
- Home made trailer mounted reverse flow offset w/ vertical chamber, Weber OTG and an ECB

Last edited by CarolinaQue; 09-15-2012 at 11:54 AM..
CarolinaQue is offline   Reply With Quote