First comp. was a blast.

tyotrain

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I had my first KCBS. comp. last weekend and had a great time. My nephew competed in the youth division and he knocked it out of the park.

I bombed my pork and ribs but did well in the brisket and chicken. 7th chicken and 13th brisket and a 6th place people's choice in pulled pork.

My nephew got 1st chicken 2nd ribs 3rd steak and 5th dessert. He took 2nd place overall and it was on his birthday he was one happy 13 teen year old. Lol
Can't wait to do another one.

I would also like to say the people you meet are great I blow my tire out as soon as I pulled into the event before I could even get out of my truck there was people there ready to help me.

Here's some pics. Thanks for looking
4a43f646-a949-81ec.jpg

4a43f646-a95d-bd32.jpg

4a43f646-a96f-5ebb.jpg

4a43f646-a986-0a7b.jpg

4a43f646-a99c-4190.jpg

4a43f646-a9ac-e86f.jpg

4a43f646-a9c0-26d9.jpg

Have fun and happy smoking
BBQ UP

Last edited:
Awesome! I wish I could get my son interested in BBQ.

Congrats. I'm expecting my 1st child in November and I am hoping in a few years I can take he/she along with me.

Congrats on 1st Comp. Welcome to the addiction!

Congratulation to both of you. It's great that he is interested.

Awesome job! They have a good Kids Que category down at the New Holland, PA Summer Fest, I'll be stepping back from the big guys back to the kids for the Summerfest. Hope to see him there!

Congrats to both of you. our first kcbs comp tomorrow in brockport ny. i hope we do as well as you.

Congrats! I know you enjoyed watching your nephew take home the bacon.

Back