Arthur IL and Libertyville IL scheduled the same weekend this year?

Stoke&Smoke

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was just perusing the KCBS events list, trying to line up our schedule this year, and noticed a HUGE issue.

Typically, Arthur, IL is always the weekend before Libertyville. And although we missed both last year due to vehicle/trailer issues, we were looking forward to doing both this year. But per the schedule, they're both scheduled for the weekend of 10/12-10/13:shock:

I just emailed Stephanie at Lambs Farm to alert her, as I can see this impacting both events

Was anybody else aware of this?

Yeah, I think leap year is messing with dates. I'm not sure if I can miss Arthur, even with the success I've had at Lambs and it only being 40 minutes from home... not sure if i can pay almost $300 for a $4k contest that had almost 60 teams. I love the residents at Lambs, so it will be a tough decision for me. And I understand its a fundraiser for Lambs. Every contest for me is a fundraiser for my foundation...

I emailed Stephanie, and she's contacted Dawn with KCBS. They are (Libertyville) always the 3rd week in October, and somehow got changed around. She's working on getting it fixed. I'm just glad I saw it early

And what I told Steph is, it would likely hurt attendance at both of them. We LOVE doing them both back to back, and hope to again!

Its a weird year. Usually Lambs was the week before the Jack and was a warm up... if she switches dates, she will be up against the Jack. Hopefully I'll get in the Jack and not have to worry about it.

Yeah, I can't add dates in my head Damn. Jack is 10/27 this year I believe

Its a weird year. Usually Lambs was the week before the Jack and was a warm up... if she switches dates, she will be up against the Jack. Hopefully I'll get in the Jack and not have to worry about it.

I hope you make it too, so the other 99% have a chance to get a check around here. :heh:

I talked to her when it was announced. Very nice girl. No clue on BBQ contests though. She blew of off when i said to her that her contest would be affected. If they both are on the same date, ill go to Arthur. George bends over backwards for us.

I typically dont compete that late in the year but now that we will have an enclosed trailer ya never know. I judged Libertyville one year and I sure as hell would not have wanted to cook in those conditions.

I will be heading to Arthur. Last year I did great and met some real nice folks. The only issue was the trains - a little loud every 45 minutes or so every hour. Earplugs helped. I also live a short distance from Lambs farm but really like the small town concept. The biscuits and gravey were a great way to start Saturday.

Libertyville was windy as heck last year. Being it was only 10 minutes from the in-laws, it made the wife happy.

I will be heading to Arthur. Last year I did great and met some real nice folks. The only issue was the trains - a little loud every 45 minutes or so every hour. Earplugs helped. I also live a short distance from Lambs farm but really like the small town concept. The biscuits and gravey were a great way to start Saturday.

There are trains in Arthur? I guess I never noticed. :rolleyes:

If I had to pick between them, I'd probably choose Arthur. The whole experience is just awesome, and George and his son have always treated us really well. But we've always liked doing Libertyville too, and I'd rather see both of them have good turnouts. Kind of the same as the WI folks with Washington Island and Kenosha falling on the same weekend.

Dawn from KCBS replied to Stephanie. Her opinion was it wouldn't be a problem to change, but it will be addressed by the board in next Wednesdays meeting.

The reps were also notified

Back